How's Your Thursday Going So Far?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

A.W

How's Your Thursday Going So Far?

Post by A.W »

As you no doubt read how my Monday started off with the wasp stinging me and my extermination of said wasps. My luck or lack of continued today.

I got up this morning and had breakfast. I was happy as a lark. Full belly and the humidity was gone. The weather here for the last 3-4 days was hitting the 50c mark with the humidex.

I gingerly opened the rear door to ensure that those wasps were truly gone.... No wasps!! 8)

I danced down the rear steps and glided towards my truck like Fred Astair.

I slid into the driver's seat and realised that my passenger window was open.... My heart sank. We had a thunderstorm last night so I checked for water...None.

Went to put the key in the ignition and found myself eye-balling........... A big racoon "dump" sitting on my dashboard. :shock: The @#&%* had climbed off the fence, in through the open window and did the dastardly deed.

I grabbed some paper towels and began doing what one must do when a racoon does this to you.

This creature. This future Daniel Boone hat (if I find it) must have been on the internet at some time or other and ordered some surplus army rations.

As soon as I made the first swipe it hit me. The smell that is!! I found myself sitting in my truck trying to clean this mess and hold onto my breakfast. After a quick spray of air freshener and a quick dab of the eyes...... to dry the tears I was off to work.

So!! How's your week so far??
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

AW, I got home last night after work and my wife said you got a job to do ? You left your cooler closed up and with chicken livers in it for 2 weeks outside. I plum forgot about the chicken livers I thought only ice bags were in their. Man what a stink ! After dumping it aways from the house I filled it with decent soup and water. Took care of the problem.

Today it's 101 and I had 2 deliverys this morning {furniture} customers were very happy and my emploie got a C note as a tip from one of them. So the day is not all bad.
wilsonj73

Post by wilsonj73 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: AW you've had one interesting week, that's for sure!

My thursday is going pretty good actually!

Just sittin here at work, puttin my list together for all the gear for my moose trip next week!

Spent a lot of time last year lookin for a good spot but came home skunked as we weren't there for opening day or the first few days anyways.

This year, were heading north early and gettin set up for opening day.

Fingers crossed but where we go there's plenty of places to set up a stand and I might... might... bag one with my Exomag!

Now I'm counting down the days :P
Give a kid a fish and they'll eat for a day, teach a kid to fish and they'll eat for a lifetime!
Tom

Post by Tom »

AW ..... will you please do me a huge favour ..........

Please stay away from me until your luck changes !!!!!!!!!
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
A.W

Post by A.W »

Tom. You hurt my "feeling" Now I don't have any left. :wink:

Tom

Post by Tom »

A.W wrote:Tom. You hurt my "feeling" Now I don't have any left. :wink:
Well you did kill my trained attack wasps that I sent over your way.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, your a big boy you will get over it. If not, I will keep lookin gover my shoulder. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Tom
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

i just order me a new phoenix crossbow for this season . i anct wait to get this one. so i spent some money that i didnt have oh well its all for a good cause ME. so thats how my thrus is going.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

Stop posting this stuff about your Mondays and Thursdays I'm LMAO and I'm going to get fied from work. I just hope your luck changes for deer season. I want to see that post from you about the trophy deer you nailed.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Shaky if there is a trophy deer in AW's house it will be AW's better half with the hammer in her hand and AW hanging from the wall by his shirt nailed to the wall. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Shakky wrote:Stop posting this stuff about your Mondays and Thursdays I'm LMAO and I'm going to get fied from work. I just hope your luck changes for deer season. I want to see that post from you about the trophy deer you nailed.
So how be your Tue, Wed, and Fridays be going Shakky :?: Image oh yea, and Sat, and Sunday don't want to leave them two days out :wink: :wink: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

GaryL wrote:
Shakky wrote:Stop posting this stuff about your Mondays and Thursdays I'm LMAO and I'm going to get fied from work. I just hope your luck changes for deer season. I want to see that post from you about the trophy deer you nailed.
So how be your Tue, Wed, and Fridays be going Shakky :?: Image oh yea, and Sat, and Sunday don't want to leave them two days out :wink: :wink: :wink:
Start work at noon today and it seems thats all I do lately is work but other then that things are good. I try and keep up on the forum from work but I don't post from there. I did speak to A.W. the other day and he is gearing up for deer season and he mentioned he had seen a monster deer on his land so his luck is not all bad. How are things looking for you this deer season?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Shakky I think it is looking really good. Have seen a couple nice bucks so far, however you know how that works the old disappearing act!!!! :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
A.W

Post by A.W »

They say bad things come in 3's.

Happy :shock: to report that number three happened Sunday morning.

I got bit on the right forearm by something and my forearm has swollen up so now I do look like half a Popeye. It's Tuesday morning and it's still swollen and really itchy. Hopefully this means that everthings over with and I'm going to be 100% for deer season.

No point in going to the doctor though.....I'm still on medication from my wasp sting. :roll:

marmot

Post by marmot »

A.W wrote:They say bad things come in 3's.

Happy :shock: to report that number three happened Sunday morning.

I got bit on the right forearm by something and my forearm has swollen up so now I do look like half a Popeye. It's Tuesday morning and it's still swollen and really itchy. Hopefully this means that everthings over with and I'm going to be 100% for deer season.

No point in going to the doctor though.....I'm still on medication from my wasp sting. :roll:
That is an allergic reaction. Do you carry an ana-kit? From first hand experience, I can tell you that anaphylaxic shock is no fun!
A.W

Post by A.W »

marmot wrote:That is an allergic reaction. Do you carry an ana-kit? From first hand experience, I can tell you that anaphylaxic shock is no fun!
I don't carry anything. I guess I'm a little allergic to these things. I do get some swelling from skeeter bites depending on where I get bit.

My girlfriend is probably hoping I get bit on another part of my anatomy though. :wink: