New CanadianTire xbow.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ALINALBERTA

New CanadianTire xbow.

Post by ALINALBERTA »

CanadianTire has a new crossbow in their online catalog. http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/ ... 5650890305

The riser and limbs and trigger box assy. looks very much like Greatlakes and the pistol grip has a vague resemblance. Just curious if anyone knows who makes it,I am several hours from the nearest store and will be at work for another week plus before I get home to check it out. I'm not in the market for another bow but I love to look! :lol:

..Al.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I had alook on line, I am not sure what it is. Maybe some Chinese no name made affair. looked at some of their other archery gear, they had some 20 inch crossbow bolts for only $11.99 each :shock: :D
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

Being from "Crappy Tire" does not necesarily make it a "bad" bow. They are a dept. store and do sell name brand stuff. The Red Deer store near me stocked Tenpoint crossbows and Bear compound bows last fall,I havn't seen their selection this year. HOWEVER,like I said this is new and I've never seen it yet,was just thinking maybe someone had seen it and got the manufacturer name?

..Al.
A.W

Post by A.W »

I wonder what their after sales service is like. :shock:

Crappy Tire sells air guns and with each one you look at on their web the following is posted...

"It is our policy to sell airguns and airgun ammunition only to persons 18 years of age or older. Airguns and airgun ammunition are not sold where prohibited by law. Airguns do not require a firearms licence."

I sent them an Email a while back to point out that this part of their statement is misleading "Airguns do not require a firearms licence"

I explained that any air gun that fires 500 feet or more requires a "PAL" (licence) and that perhaps they should consider re-wording their broad statement........They blew me off.

The way today's world is going I can see them getting some kind of litigation in the future.
Last edited by A.W on Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I bought my Exocet for about that price (used) with a scope, quiver, 4 bolts and string. I think I made the right choice :wink: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

Farmer,you are right,the prices for those arrows are nuts! Walmarts prices are right up there with them, I can't believe they aren't more competitively priced. But there must be a few suckers to buy them or they would lower the price.
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

I see what you are getting at bstout,but I honestly don't think anyone could say Can. tire sells rejects or seconds. I would put it in the same class as Walmarts,which I guess some people don't care for either. :lol: I admit I have bought a lot of stuff from Cambodian Tire and I am happy with most of it.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

jh45gun,

I agree with the Walmart clearance stuff. Around here most people wouldn't even know whick end of a bow to look down, so I find some good deals. Last year I picked up some Easton 4 inch plastic vanes (12 per pack) for 10cents a pack :D . They had been reduced 4 times. Bought a bunch of shotgun shells from there as well for next to nothing.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
marmot

Post by marmot »

Is CanadianTire Canada's Wal*Mart?
the elf

Post by the elf »

Hi guys--------we have had Canadian Tire in Canada for many years-----as the consumer dictated they added a variety of products over the years-----Walmart is a relatively new chain of stores in my part of Canada---it is nice to have competition ---to get us better prices-----sometimes---.
marmot

Post by marmot »

bstout wrote:
marmot wrote:Is CanadianTire Canada's Wal*Mart?
I think more like Farm & Barn or other so-called farm implement joints.
My local farm implement joints are "Tractor Supply" and “Southern States.”
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

bstout wrote:
marmot wrote:Is CanadianTire Canada's Wal*Mart?
I think more like Farm & Barn or other so-called farm implement joints.

I think Canadian Wally Worlds are the same as ours for the most part.
bstout, :D , here is the home page for canadian tire,I don't think you will find any farm implements. :roll: http://www.canadiantire.ca/intro/homepa ... 5673330480

..Al.
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

Was curious and found it on sale also at Lebaron, and it from Eastman

check it out if curious
http://www.lebaron.ca/pdf_fall_06_07/ar ... xforce.pdf
bow hunter

Post by bow hunter »

In Kingston, I guess we're lucky. Our local Canadian Tire sells Excalibur bows and accessories. We have an exceptionally nice CTC here. The sporting goods dept, even sells boats, outboards, and four wheelers.