40 yard group after XBOW repairs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rich

40 yard group after XBOW repairs

Post by Rich »

I had to send my Exocet to Dan Miller for new limbs after my recent string problem (apparently there are some Excel strings that are out of specs and cause the string to pop off causing my limb tips to chip. I recieved exceptional service from Dan Miller and shot this 3 shot/40 yard group 15 minutes after putting the bow back together. I couldn't ask for any better service or a better XBOW. I spoke to Bill T and Peter at the Outdoor Show this past weekend and relayed how pleased I was with their product and service, they are a great customer oriented company.

Rich
Tom

Post by Tom »

Rich this is just a little reminder.

Unless you want to ruin a few arrows, DO NOT SHOOT MORE THEN ONE ARROW AT A TIME AT A TARGET !!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Rich; That's nice shooting, I wouldn't mind boogering an arrow for groups like that at 40 yds!!!
"Eze 18:21"
Rich

Post by Rich »

I hear you Tom, just wanted to make sure it still shot tight after the repairs. I do love hearing them arrows smack together though. It'll be back to 1 shot now.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

now if you miss a big buck, im gonna post these pics again for you :lol: :P
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

crazyfarmer wrote:now if you miss a big buck, im gonna post these pics again for you :lol: :P
:lol: :wink: :lol:
wabi

Post by wabi »

crazyfarmer wrote:now if you miss a big buck, im gonna post these pics again for you :lol: :P
Amazing how accuracy can suffer when it's a big buck in the scope!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW-great shooting!!!!!!!!!!!
wabi
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Please tell me that wasn't free-handed or I'll be REALLY jealous!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

wabi wrote:
Amazing how accuracy can suffer when it's a big buck in the scope!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW-great shooting!!!!!!!!!!!
its amazing alot of guys tend to hit horns and not the body also LMAO BWHAHAHAHHA.... ive done it before LOL
marmot

Re: 40 yard group after XBOW repairs

Post by marmot »

How does one know if one has one of these out of spec Excel strings?
Rich

Post by Rich »

Marmot,

Mine was the Excel string with green serving and tan loops, you'll know as soon as it pops off. It happened on the very first shoot after I installed it. When I compared it to the replacement Dan Miller sent me the end loops were bigger and the string was almost an inch longer. Don't know if was a certain lot from the manufactor because my Exocet came with the same string and I didn't have the problem with that one.

Rich
DustyinAZ

Post by DustyinAZ »

Mine was the all black one with green ends and orange serving, cracked a limb with it when it ppped off. Dan Miller sent me a new limb and several strings. They are the brown and Green ones. They sit high on my max at first but stretch back after a few shots. It sit at 1 1/8 on my brace height and stays there until the serving gets worn out. There about 9 bucks apiece I think. That is the string I used the most for practice, since I go though a string about every 2 to 3 weeks. Love my max but shes hard on string servings. I use FFF strings for hunting. Another week or 2 then I will Have a new Phoenix. I'm sure that will be my personal favorite for all around shooting. From Dan's advice dollar for dollar thats the best way to go. All I can say is that the Excalibur people are the freindlest buss. People I have ever talked to when it comes to any of their products. They really care about their customers and go above and beyond to help you out. More so than other companys I have delt with in the past.

~Dusty~

Great shooting there Rich!