New Phoenix owner

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bobber54

New Phoenix owner

Post by Bobber54 »

I bought a new Phoenix crossbow with the right stuff. This is the first crossbow I've ever owned. What an awesome crossbow.
I've been shooting it daily. I noticed that the rail has two lines scribed near the front. Is this where the string is suppose to line up inbetween?
My string has stretched more forward than the first line. I was wondering if I'm suppose to twist the string, so to keep the string inbetween the two lines or doesn't it make any difference? Will I need to resight it in after twisting if needed?
Crossbowing is all new to me, so bare with me while I ask these questions. I don't know anyone who has one, so I need your help.
Thanks;
Bob
wabi

Post by wabi »

Bob,
Usually mine shoots best closer to the rear line. Just unstring and give the string a few twists to tighten it up. Shouldn't need to re-sight, but it's always a good idea to check the bow after any changes.
wabi
grauhund

Phoenix string

Post by grauhund »

I use a Phoenix and Fast Flight String with the front edge of the string serving aligned with the first line closest to the front of the crossbow. Best speed is from that position.
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

congrats on your bow i too just got the phoenix and finally got it put together but wont ba able to shoot it thill this weekend i aslo got my crossbow bolts mn from dan miller today.
Bobber54

Thanks

Post by Bobber54 »

Thanks for the replies. I'll give the string a few twists and keep it between the lines. I figured the lines is used for the string position, but wasn't sure. The instructional video didn't mention anything about the lines. The DVD I got, most of the audio is missing, so maybe it was mentioned.
I turned 65 this year, so I can use it for deer hunting, can't wait.
Thanks again;
Bob
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

wabi wrote:Bob,
Usually mine shoots best closer to the rear line. Just unstring and give the string a few twists to tighten it up. Shouldn't need to re-sight, but it's always a good idea to check the bow after any changes.
Same here mine also seems to shoot better when closer to the second line, put a new string a couple of weeks ago and last weekend had to readjust the string again, but now it should good, at least it was with the previous one.
A.W

Re: Thanks

Post by A.W »

Bobber54 wrote:The instructional video didn't mention anything about the lines. The DVD I got, most of the audio is missing, so maybe it was mentioned.
Bob. You can watch the vidoe on line here.

http://excaliburcrossbow.com/demo/listi ... gory_id=47

This may be the piece of the video you're looking for.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/asx/hi ... 4_256k.asx

Hope this helps and congrats on your new bow.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
diesel

Post by diesel »

Bob there is a lot of great people here on the forum. We all are new to this. Just some are newer than others. Just like trees.
Welcome to the forum.
Last edited by diesel on Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NightTrain

Post by NightTrain »

You made the right choice.

welcome to the club :wink:
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b15/lukebeaudry/ExcalSig.jpg[/img]
Bobber54

Thanks

Post by Bobber54 »

Thanks for the welcome and answers. I'll try the online video. I'm enjoying the forum. I'll keep reading and learning. The accuracy of this bow is unbelievable.
Thanks again
Bob