Impressive Exomax Accuracy Typical?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

babzog

Post by babzog »

Sierra wrote: Took a little while to figure out how to "cocK" the 200 but now it's a breeze.
I can't cock it by hand... tried and tried and just can't do it without causing a lot of pain in my back (I have no idea how the guy in the video does it). I gotta use the rope cocking aid which makes cocking and de-cocking a snap.
Tom

Post by Tom »

babzog wrote:
Sierra wrote: Took a little while to figure out how to "cocK" the 200 but now it's a breeze.
I can't cock it by hand... tried and tried and just can't do it without causing a lot of pain in my back (I have no idea how the guy in the video does it). I gotta use the rope cocking aid which makes cocking and de-cocking a snap.
babzog fisrt of all ..... Welcome to the site.

Now about cocking, there is nothing wrong with using the rope cocker as it will make sure you load the bow straight every time. I have a 75 year old dad that cocks his exomag by hand, but has started to use the rope cocker. When you say that your attempts to cock the bow by hand causes alot of pain in your back suggests that your using your back and arms instead of your legs. Bend our legs, straight arms, grip the string then straighten your legs keeping your back straight as much as possible. Depending on your height, you might need to use your arms to complete the last few inches, but there should be very little strain on your back.

Hope that helps.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
babzog

Post by babzog »

Tom wrote:
babzog wrote:
babzog fisrt of all ..... Welcome to the site.
Thank you. :)
Tom wrote: Now about cocking, there is nothing wrong with using the rope cocker as it will make sure you load the bow straight every time. I have a 75 year old dad that cocks his exomag by hand, but has started to use the rope cocker. When you say that your attempts to cock the bow by hand causes alot of pain in your back suggests that your using your back and arms instead of your legs. Bend our legs, straight arms, grip the string then straighten your legs keeping your back straight as much as possible. Depending on your height, you might need to use your arms to complete the last few inches, but there should be very little strain on your back.
Hope that helps.
Just tried it... got to about 3" from the top before my fingers were screaming at me. I think I'll just stick with the rope cocker, esp since it'll give me a more accurate load. ;) Good way to toughen up your hands though if you don't already work in the masonry industry. LOL
Harry Crabtree

Accuracy

Post by Harry Crabtree »

For what it's worth, I shoot free hand at 50 yards with my Exomax and can keep my arrows normally within a 9" circle from thumb to little finger. Not that I want to shoot that far but I do practice that far and it consistently puts them where you aim. I'm happy with mine too. Now I am considering one of those nice wooden stocks I saw discussed on here last year!
I always get the last words at my house, "Yes Dear"