How Accurate are you?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Farmer

Post by Farmer »

At 20 yards off hand its not a good thing to aim at the same spot twice or an arrow is going to be wrecked. I have a good number of arrows that look like the NZ Hunter's. :lol: If I do my part the Exocet will do the rest.
Moniteaumule

Post by Moniteaumule »

The key that I have found is.........FOLLOWTHROUGH!

You should see that arrow hit your target through the scope.

A bullet leaves the barrel anywhere between 2500 to 3500 FPS, An arrow or Bolt leaves at 300 or so.

That arrow is on the string a LONG TIME before it clears the X-bow compared to a rifle.

FOLLOWTHROUGH IS THE KEY!

Moniteaumule
Harry Crabtree

free hand accuracy

Post by Harry Crabtree »

I'm not as experienced as some of you obviously are with a crossbow but with my Exomax (got it for Christmas last year) I can freehand easily within a handspan (thumb to little finger spread out). That's still a kill zone but I don't really want to shoot that far nor do I really want to shoot freehand if I can shoot from a rest. From a rest, the deer in south Alabama are in trouble!
I always get the last words at my house, "Yes Dear"
confederate

Post by confederate »

I have been practicing since I made this post. I'm hitting a 3 inch dot at 25 yards now free handed. I guess I just needed to do it some to get good at it.
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I have a bag target with five bullseyes, the bulls being about 1.5 inch diameter. At 25 yards I can usually hit the bulls 90% of the time. I shoot right handed and pull my left hand in so my elbow is in my gut. I only rest the forestock on my thumb and index finger to steady the bow( I don't grip the forestock). Then let out half a breath and squeeze it off. I find this method quite good. the bow is unlike a gun which kicks back and up, so I find I don't need to grip the forestock.

Hope this helps.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!