You might want to consider...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

PRB

You might want to consider...

Post by PRB »

If you like to get to your hunting set up before sunrise or stay until dusk then you might want to consider one of these head strap lights...
They dont cost much and come in several different designs and options and more importantly they free your hands. Thats good for safety or when your carrying a bunch of stuff.
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
Bucko

Post by Bucko »

For the last couple of years I've been wanting a light set-up like that.This might as well be the year to "git it done".Would be a lot easier than sticking the mag light in my mouth to do tasks :wink:

3 Christmas's ago my sister bought all the young ones a cheaper version of that light to give them something to play with at our holiday gathering.Well just after dark my Dad decides to shut the lights off for 10 minutes to let the 7 of them have their fun running like a herd of stampeding cattle.When the lights came back on the only thing left standing straight was,thankgoodness, the tree :D
rwk

Post by rwk »

OK! what is it (name).
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I just picke dup the buckmaster camo streamlight. Its the same as the above just about but with green LED's which supposedly dont spook game as bad. It also had a white LED for long distance.. nice piece for 26bucks..

you can get most of the plain color ones for 10-15bucks easy.. its nice since they can be tucked into a pocket
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've tried many headlights, and never found one I liked until a couple years ago. Most of them had decent lighting, but the straps were uncomfortable and soon fell apart. I now use a Petzl light with a built-in retractable cord for the strap.
http://en.petzl.com/petzl/LampesProduits?Produit=464
I've used it for two seasons now, and I wouldn't be without it in my fanny pack!
wabi