rage

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

M&M

rage

Post by M&M »

Has anyone tried those new rage broadheads they look quite interesting and they have a 2 blade 100 grainer and a 3 blade 100 grainer, what you guys think I am still testing heads and haven't settled on one yet so far wasp sst hammers, thunderheads, grim reapers and spitfires and so far the spitfires seem to fly the best but none fly just like field points and I don't think that is really possible you might get close but not right on the money at least that is my impression right now M&M
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I tested the spitfires yesterday and they were very accurate out to 30yards. I will not take a shot beyond that range. The boiler room on a deer is quite large, so as long as I can get groups of 3 inches or better I'm satisfied.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
M&M

Post by M&M »

I agree with you on the 30 yard limit that has allways been my self imposed limit too many variables the further out you get, wind, that small unseen twig, and so on. Although since about 1990 I have hunted with a horton hunter and velocity is in the 250-260 area now with my new exocet I might be willing to stretch that a little but everything would have to be perfect for me to shoot past 30 yards. But still looking for that perfect broadhead. M&M