Bolt Selection help requested

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

WaterRat

Bolt Selection help requested

Post by WaterRat »

Greetings,
I have an older Exomag (not molded limb tips), that I use for whitetail hunting due to an injury. This year I updated the bow with dissapator bars and the Varizone scope. I have been practicing and hunting with a variety of bolts, mostly 22" Carbon Express with 100 grain Muzzy's. I am at the point that I need to buy more bolts and want to zero in on one brand and get my scope lined out for the season.
I have read as many posts as possible on bolt selection and would appreciate some input on a few questions.
1. Would I be better off shooting 20" bolts if I can get the net grains up to where they should be? I'm guessing I need to step up to 125 grain Muzzys.
2. I have been reading good posts on the Gold Tip Laser 2's. Can anyone advise a good source for these?
It is a struggle for me to shoot more than a couple of bolts each day so I would really appreciate some input. Matt
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

www.bowhunterssuperstore.com sells the GT2's... they are nice but I just like a heavy bolt since it flys better and isnt as lound at the 350gr ones
wabi

Post by wabi »

I have heard rumors GoldTip is moving production to Mexico. I do not know this for sure. I do know GoldTip's website does say they are expanding production facilities and delivery may be interrupted for some time.
wabi
exocet

Post by exocet »

The Mexico thing wouldn`t suprise me. Companies have their wares made in Mexico,China and the like, Americans and Canadiens lose jobs and they still charge the same price for their wares. This is a bad cycle and really sucks all the way around :evil: Jack.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

exocet wrote:The Mexico thing wouldn`t suprise me. Companies have their wares made in Mexico,China and the like, Americans and Canadiens lose jobs and they still charge the same price for their wares. This is a bad cycle and really sucks all the way around :evil: Jack.
everything is doing the same.. everyone wants to make a buck and make the stuff where its cheapest, but they dont cut us slack at a counter when we by it.

I know this firsthand from being a farmer.. we'd rather by overseas than by form our own farmers since its cheaper. Lets support other countries and not our own is the moto mainly :roll:
exocet

Post by exocet »

Anyone know where the GT`s are made now? If I find out they switch to Mexico, I will buy another brand, possible Beamon if they are made in Canada or the USA. I am finiky about this kinda stuff, we are losing to many jobs way to fast and the corporate whores are selling us out. Jack.
buckbuster

Post by buckbuster »

Try the new Easton powerbolts, there a little heavier than the g 2's and are a little cheaper. Got me some on the way. :D
!!!!!!EXOCET 200!!!!!
exocet

Post by exocet »

buckbuster wrote:Try the new Easton powerbolts, there a little heavier than the g 2's and are a little cheaper. Got me some on the way. :D
Good suggestion, but for my first year with my Exocet 200, I am going with the GT`s in the right stuff pack, but I will keep my eye on GT to see where they are made!! Jack.
exocet

Post by exocet »

Also, how do you shoot other brands without that special insert? Jack.