Nice Afternoon for Broadhead Testing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Good looking setup. Where did you find the bolt case?
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Bucko

Post by Bucko »

Nice set-up Bob,looks wicked.I like the stone in the background too.I always keep my eye open for stone like that when I'm out roaming.
Exocet77

Post by Exocet77 »

ecoaster wrote:Good looking setup. Where did you find the bolt case?
I picked up the same case. Ordered it from Lebaron, $12.36. The styrafoam (sp?) holders werent glued down or anything. For $12 though I didnt think that was a bad price.

http://www.lebaron.ca/pdf_fall_06_07/hu ... e_rest.pdf
wabi

Post by wabi »

Those Black Diamonds look like they should do the job!
Some of the broadheads that have been around for years are sure a lot easier to sharpen. I think today they get many of them too hard to sharpen. The Montecs I like are a very good head, but they can be a real chore to sharpen. Some of the older heads had to be touched-up more often, but it was very easy to do. I bought some 3 blade heads (Magnus snuffer) a couple of years ago for my longbow.
Those things are really easy to sharpen. They are simply glue-on heads that have been stuck on an adapter insert, and they do require some inspection and aligning to get them to spin perfectly, but once aligned they work fine. Never spent much time testing them on the crossbow, but the couple I did shoot worked fine. They are on my Grizzly Stick carbons in my trad bow quiver right now.
wabi
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

ecoaster wrote:Good looking setup. Where did you find the bolt case?
I was just thinking the same thing when i started looking at the pics, that's a really nice setup, you got there. And the case from lebaron sure looks good and well priced :lol:
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Thanks for the like Exocet77.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

ecoaster wrote:Thanks for the like Exocet77.
like or link :? :lol: :lol: :wink:
Rich

Post by Rich »

Those sure area mean broadhead, how is accuracey. Do they plane at at due to the large surface area.
Exocet77

Re: black diamond broadheads

Post by Exocet77 »

gutpile wrote:with a 5 degree tapered threaded insert, some hot melt glue, and a candle and a third grade education anyone can have these heads spinning true in an acceptable time period. As far as sharpening, take'em down quick with a mill file, slap'em on a lansky jig at 25 degree angle and they're just as sharp as the next guys. Screw'em on a couple different arrow set-ups, spend a day at the range-use what flies best. It takes no longer with these than any other set-up off crossbows. It's not Chinese arithmetic, any regular guy can do it.
I wouldnt say anyone. Inluding myself. Seems like the simplest things never go acording to plan. Maybe when I get a few years experience into experimenting and trying new things with my bow/bolt/tips, stuff like this or that comes easy, but until then I will stay with the simplicity. Whats that quote? K.I.S.S... Keep it simple stupid... thats my new modo anyways.. lol
A.W

Post by A.W »

bstout wrote:I wonder what's going on with gutpile's posts? They disappear. When I clicked on gutpile's "Profile" there is no record of any of his/her previous posts. Only that gutpile joined the group on March 12th of 2006 and has made 54 posts. There is no record of these 54 posts. They've all been deleted.

What's with that?
I just tried it and got his posts. Could be a glitch Bob.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Looks like he's edited all his posts.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.