ok i got the excal quiver ,,now what??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dodgetech

ok i got the excal quiver ,,now what??

Post by dodgetech »

i guess i gotta buy the extra mount also,theres no way that quiver will mount up underneath unless i want it under my hands straight,,my buddy has his quiver mounted on to dont really care for that,,if i buy the quiver bracket the metal on how will i be able to mount it up??oh yeah i got my varizone scope and rings finally but they for got to send my mount,,so now im waiting on that and gotta order the quiver brackket our season starts so soon,,sepot 30th in pa
Rich

Post by Rich »

Dodgetech,

The quiver does require an extra bracket to mount. I mounted mine and didn't like the way it sat under the XBOW, plus I couldn't shoulder it with a sling. The arrows will hit you in the back. Before ordering the mount ($8 dollars), do a forum search of Dan Miller over the top mount, it sits on top of the bow parallel to the limbs. Costs the same amount of money ($8 plus $4 shipping).

Rich
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

dodgetech, I also did not like the way the quiver sits under the Xbow and I also did not care for the extra weight it added. What I did is I mounted the quiver holder at a slight angle to a peace of thick leather and I hang it from my belt. I put the holder at a angle for that way the fetching on the bolts are hidden behind my back. I really like for when I sit down I just unclip the quiver and it is out of the way and when move its easy to clip back into place. :D
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
TNhunterKMC

Post by TNhunterKMC »

Either mount it above with the Dan Miller mount or check into the Sidewinder hip quiver made to mount your quiver/bracket to. Both are pretty nice and better alternatives.
exocet

Post by exocet »

Where can one buy one of those Sidewinder Hip Quivers? Thanks-Jack.
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

Think I saw the Sidewinder at Bass Pro last week. Didn't notice the price. I bought one last year at Academy Sports, they had them on closeout for $7.00. Figured I give it a try as I like to keep extra stuff off my bow. Works great. Wish I had bought two of them back then.
exocet

Post by exocet »

Does the Sidewinder hold the small crossbow darts well? If so, I will likely get one if they are still being made!! Anymore leads would be much appreciated :D Thanks-Jack.
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

Exocet, the Sidewinder is a Quiver Adapter, not a Quiver. You can mount any quiver you want. I have the new model Excalibur Quiver mounted to it and works great. It comes with 1" bolts to mount the quiver block to it but I had to get 1 1/4" bolts. Here's a link so you can see what they look like.

http://timbucktu.net/shop/more.php?id=1386383&
TNhunterKMC

Post by TNhunterKMC »

I bought mine at Bass Pro and really like it. At this point I'm thinking about taking my quiver mount off my xbow and just using this. BTW - I have my Bohning Lynx 4-arrow quiver mounted on the sidewinder.
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

The Sidewinder looks great, that is basically what I did with a peace of leather and it did not coast me a cent, for I had a chunk of leather left over from when I made my quiver for my longbow arrows.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
exocet

Post by exocet »

I appreciate the info!! Thanks-Jack.