what can i do

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fudster

what can i do

Post by fudster »

went out last weekend to the spot i hunt in and found that the farmer planted corn right up to the bush this year. hopefully he'll cut some down before hunting starts but if he doesn't any idea how to get to my treestand(quietly)??? tunneling and typerope walking is out of the question!!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

if you are loud going through it, you might actaully attract deer since they will think its other deer :lol:

most of the corn crop will be cut by Oct, Mid oct latest.. we are picking corn right now and its just a matter of how rain slows us down before we finish.

If you know the farmer, give him a call and see when he might be in there to pick it.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Hey, Fudster ...

Hunt that corn while it stands! Get in there and walk across from row to row real slow, pausing to look up and down each row you cross ... lots of deer are stalked and killed in standing corn. The rustling of the leaves often makes it possible to sneak along without detection ... and there will be lots of deer in there if there are deer in the area. Try it out and see, anyway. What do you have to lose? Where my little brother lives in Indiana, hunting standing corn is one of the most productive tactics for early-season bruiser bucks. Might be a bit of a challenge to get your crossbow properly lined up, but it can surely be done. Worth a try!

Here in east NC, corn is usually picked by mid-August! Early-season varieties, of course.

Grizz