Transporting your XBOW

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

Post by TYE »

I just use an old Excalibur soft case I got used when I was working at Saugeen Shafts. It's pretty soft, not just cloth, there's a bit of padding to it. It works. I just bought it so I could have a case to cover my Phoenix when I'm in a vehicle. Once I'm out of the vehicle, she comes out of the case.
xbow_stan

Post by xbow_stan »

Hi,

I am dragging this post out again to find out if anyone is interested in getting a bow case like Swede showed? I contacted www.excaliburcrossbows.de and they want 117.32 euros for the case with shipping. I think the case alone is 80 euros. I considered buying one but the wiring of money and exchange fees put the cost over 156 euros ($200.00 US).

I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in this range bag and sharing the shipping and exchange fees? The bag by itself is about $100 US and the shipping and money fees are about $100.00 so two bags would still cost $150.00 (US) apiece. It's not inexpensive and a hard case may be better for transport, but I still like the bag.

If anyone is interested, let me know and maybe we can work something out.

Stan
exocet

Post by exocet »

That is cool of you doing that!! I wish Excalibur would make a Hardcase for these. I have the paded one, but would have bought a hardcase if it was offered. Jack.
xbow_stan

Post by xbow_stan »

I just bought an Allen double bow case shown here:
http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/Sof ... 22504.html
While it's not the same case described by Swede, it does handle the stock and prod assemblies well. Also, a box of bolts in a MTM case fit in the arrow side pocket with the Excalibur quiver. There is also enough room to put a fanny pack where I keep a small hatchet and most Excalibur extras.

It's not a hard case or even a custom bag, but the crossbow, arrows, and accessories can be stored in one bag, which is what I was looking for.

Stan
joeumholtz

Post by joeumholtz »

Actually Swede, I think the question everyone wants to ask is how can we get a case like yours here in the good ole U. S. of A, and of course, Canada? :D
Joe Umholtz
Harrisburg, PA
717-657-7896

Check out my portfolio at:

http://Writing.Com/authors/joeumholtz

or

http://www2.Writing.Com/authors/joeumholtz/blog
Swede

Post by Swede »

Im sorry guys. Wish I could help but I am here in Sweden and Wolfszeit is down in the southern parts of Germany. I hope it works out for you that wish to buy a bag like mine.
deerman

Post by deerman »

Is there a company that makes a hard case? I hunt everyday and really dont feel like taking my bow down everytime I go hunting.
saxman

Post by saxman »

This is what I'm using thanks to Digger and this Froum.
Everything I need fits and is very secure for air travel

Double scoped rifle case,aluiminum
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Digger

Post by Digger »

deerman wrote:Is there a company that makes a hard case? I hunt everyday and really dont feel like taking my bow down everytime I go hunting.
If you want a hard case for an Excal and don't want to take 2 bolts out and replace them, you'll either have to make one or do as I have done, I bought a Tenpoint to back up my Excals.. :D :D :wink:
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity