Arrow Wraps?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Golden Eagle

Arrow Wraps?

Post by Golden Eagle »

Do Arrow Wraps on bolts change point of impact very much if sighted in with bolts without them? Just wondering if the ever so small amount of added height in the back makes a difference. I havent shot ant yet but will next weekend.
wabi

Post by wabi »

From my experiences with wraps they do not change flight much, if any. However, I'm not really a fan of wraps. Image I don't see any real advantage to them over the old system of painting the arrow (for me, anyway as I already own all the equipment to dip arrows). Image
wabi
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D Dont wory about them ,All the ones I have tested before I started selling them, flew the same after as they did before wraping . except I Coiuld see were they were going and were they hit !! GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
widowman

Post by widowman »

My bolts with wraps fly great.

As far as wraps over cap dipping, I feel wraps have several advantages.

First, they are quick. One roll of the shaft and you are done, no set-up, no drying, no clean up, no smell.

Second, if you need to refletch, you just peel the wrap off and put a new one on. With a paint cap dip, you most likely will not re-dip. You will then have to prep the shaft by srcapping off all of the old glue and some paint, this leaves a less than attractive cap. The other option would be to re-dip the whole shaft, which is a pain for just a few shafts.

Next, wraps have seen quite a bit of competition in the market and good quality wraps can be had for less than $5 per dozen. Paint dipping supplies are costly to get started.

As far as performance, I would think that a wraps have a tighter weight tolerence when compared to paint which can vary (sometimes greatly) from shaft to shaft. Also, glue adhesion is better on wraps than paint.

However, if you are looking for the best looking cap you have ever laid eyes own, a quality cap dip is the only way to go. Even with some of the fancy wraps they just don't have that impressive appearence that you can get with paint.

Personally, I use the wrap pruely as a tool to recover my arrow. Sometimes it is a 1/8" piece of white wrap you will see under some leaves that lets you find your arrow and determine what type of shot you had.

Either way, paint or wrap, you end up with a good looking and useful shaft.

Good Luck.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

greywolf wrapped the bolts I got from him and I love them. From now on all of mine are getting wrapped. Its damn nice seeing where the bolt goes
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Thanks all.
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

I have been using them on carbon, mainly because it's an expedient way to get vanes to adhere to the carbon shafts. I haven't noticed any difference in flight characteristics.

Joe