Red Dot Scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

PRB

Red Dot Scope

Post by PRB »

Does anyone own or heard anything about "A1 Optic" red dot scopes ?
Do you like them and are they good quality for the money ?
If not then what red dot do you use ?
Thanks
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
wabi

Post by wabi »

TruGlo 3-dot red-dot for my Phoenix. Bought it this past spring, and it seems to be doing just fine. Was out this evening trying the Phoenix out and it's still dead-on at 15-25-40 with the 3 dots.
wabi
PRB

Post by PRB »

Thanks wabi. Its good to hear that the TruGlo is holding its mark for you.
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

I have a tenpoint proview on my Phoenix. It has cross-hairs and your choice between red or green dots(choice is nice!). My eyes like it alot. Don't know where you are in TN, but if your anywhere around Farragut, TN maybe we could get together and you could try mine and SEE what you think.

Regards
Joe
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

pokynojoe how close are the dots ? is their good separation between the dots ?
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

Gary
the dots are about 3/16" apart, maybe 1/4". The crosshairs do extend all the way across the lens. There are five different brightness settings for each color. There is plenty of separation, at least my eyes haven't had any problems. I'm normally not a big fan of "dot" type scopes. I've tried them on my handguns over the years and didn't like them, but these seem to be well regulated and well defined. Having said that, I haven't really needed to use the dots much though, it's been bright when I've been shooting my bow lately.

Regards
Joe
PRB

Post by PRB »

Pokynojoe thank you for the offer. I live about 1 hour west of Nashville. If you ever plan on coming out this way then send me a message and we can shoot a few rounds. Im glad the scope works out for you. Im still not sure what I want. Right now I have my 22 Bushnell banner scope on and that will get me through the season if need be. My eyesight has really went downhill in the last several months :cry: