dressing deer in the field

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:lol: :lol: Gut them were they drop.................all gone by morning and have dropped other deer in same location with no problems!!!!!!!! :wink: Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

Right where they drop. I have seen deer pass by a gut pile and pay it no mind. Happiness is a large gutpile. :)
wabi

Post by wabi »

I ususally gut them near where they fall. If it's close to the creek, I may drag then to a sandbar to gut them so I have water to wash up after I'm finished. Plenty of scavengers to feed around here. :wink:
wabi
deerman

Post by deerman »

I remove the deer to my parking area where I have a hoist to pickthe deer up off the ground and then put a garbage can under it to catch organs.I never use to do this, but if you leave a gut pile in the woods a coyote will return to that spot day after day even if there isnt a gut pile.I dont need these varmits on my property running deer and killing fawns.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Correct-a-mongo, deerman. Coyotes are opportunist, they'll hang around for another free meal.

My brother and mother caught a salamander and were going to show my two kids when they got to the farm the next day. Only thing left the next morning was a little blood on the deck. Coyotes often come to the back door to see if there's food scraps.

Grey Owl