spent lots of $$$

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

exokidd

spent lots of $$$

Post by exokidd »

Just got back from Bass Pro, spent way too much again!!! I was at the Wolf Den this morning also and spent some time on the 3-D range. Whats a good score for x-bows on the range anyhow. I wont tell you what mine was yet until i hear whats average!!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

x bow really isnt any better than a plain compound bow. I find it harder to steady through a scope and actually shoot targets better with my compound. But from a rest, the xbow is killer!

btw, i went to bass pro to just spend about 50bucks and ended up spending 300 :oops:
exokidd

Post by exokidd »

OK so what would be an average score with the compound bows?...i see on the score card there are different checkboxes for longbow, x-bow, compound, etc.
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

been to the wolf's den many times, but never kept score, don't even know how it's done :lol: . Anyways it's nice there now that they have the 2 3D courses.
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

with 40 targets 300-400points, for cross bow, 5p. for the body 8, 10 & 12 for the vidles. The best I have done is 130 with my recurve bow bin at it for 6 or mounths of and on now. Iam going to start wityh my cross bow now for hunting.
widowman

Post by widowman »

It is almost impossible to give an average score for a 3-D course because each course is different.

Don't worry about what your score is, just try to improve each time.

My thought on 3-D scoring is that if you average 8, on average you have "killed" on each shot.

In competitions, top compound shooters usually shoot 400 on 40 targets, with the winner being decided by the one with the most X's.

I only shoot 3-D's with a recurve and my best average score was 9.25, normally I shoot just over 8.

Have fun.
exokidd

Post by exokidd »

cool thanks for the info...My score was around 150, that exomag is deadly!! I just need to see the real thing this year!
rabuol

Post by rabuol »

Wher's the Wolf Den, Exokidd ?

I'm also from northern Ontario.

Rabuol
A.W

Post by A.W »

rabuol wrote:Wher's the Wolf Den, Exokidd ?

I'm also from northern Ontario.

Rabuol
South of Barrie.

http://www.wolfsdensports.com/
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
exokidd

Post by exokidd »

I always visit the Wolfs Den when im in the simcoe area visiting familiy. We make it a tradition to shoot the 3-d course every vear. Better than a round of golf anyday!!