Team Va(goodluck)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Team Va(goodluck)

Post by crazyfarmer »

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/fin ... y=Saturday

North winds tomorrow and N-NE winds all week untill Thursday. Then they switch to the west. Highs in the low 70's all week also 8)

Monday-Wednesday should be very good days hopefully

tomorrow's gonna suk in the morning :evil:

we have already had 3.5inches here today :cry:
Boltslinger

Post by Boltslinger »

Good luck CrazyFarmer! I'm going to give it a shot in the morning, just down the road from you in Oak Grove. Should be fairly misserable, but you never know what might happen.
Exocet 200
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I'll be perched 23ft up a wet hickory in the morning enjoying every minute. I've got my fingers crossed that the rain will taper off around daybreak.

I saw a half dozen doe in a field about 100 yards from my stand around 2:30pm today when I drove past. It was drizzling rain and mid-afternoon and the deer seemed to be moving fine.

Good luck guys.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I suite dup and walked out the door this morning and the wind about blew me off the porch. I was gonna sit up the groundblind, but the winds are gusting 30+ here :roll:

anyway, I walked back in the house and flipped on the weather channel and and sur eenough the heavy line of rain was heading this way. I think we already have 4.5inches here(ill check in a few)

bolts, I think you guys had 6-8inches up that way!

im going this afternoon when the rain breaks hopefully. Cause they will start moving when it does for sure
Boltslinger

Post by Boltslinger »

The wind was terrible this morning so no doubt a bust there, I went out in the evening and the wind did die down some, but still got soaked with the on and off rain showers. Did not see any deer....
Exocet 200
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Boltslinger wrote:The wind was terrible this morning so no doubt a bust there, I went out in the evening and the wind did die down some, but still got soaked with the on and off rain showers. Did not see any deer....
same here... I hunted out of the ground blind since it started pouring when I was heading to my ladder stand. I didnt see a thing from 3:30 till 7 :evil: The weather sukked though

I wish we could hunt tomorrow since its supposed to be perfect.. if not, monday shouldnt be bad weather wise either;)
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I had a small doe in bow range about 7:30 this morning. I couldn't get a good shot off, then the swirling winds did me in. I got soaked and packed it in by 10am. I went back out before 2pm. I got soaked again. The weather really sucked. I didn't see anything in the afternoon. I saw about a dozen deer in the fields on the way out which is typical. Maybe Monday will be better.

I really need a wind out of the West or North for my setup. The wind out of the Southeast today just ruins my favorite stand.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Shot a doe at 3:00, just 15 minutes after setting up for the afternoon hunt. Figured I wasn't going to sit in the rain for nothing. The Exocet drilled her at 22 yards quarteingaway, the Muzzy stuck in the ground up to the fletching. She ran 40 yards and dropped. No pics due to all the rain,left the camera in the camper. The deer really started moving between 5-6, my buddy missed 2 shoots with his vert bow and seen 6-7 deer including one out of range monster buck. Good luck this week.

Rich

Rich
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Rich wrote:Shot a doe at 3:00, just 15 minutes after setting up for the afternoon hunt. Figured I wasn't going to sit in the rain for nothing. The Exocet drilled her at 22 yards quarteingaway, the Muzzy stuck in the ground up to the fletching. She ran 40 yards and dropped. No pics due to all the rain,left the camera in the camper. The deer really started moving between 5-6, my buddy missed 2 shoots with his vert bow and seen 6-7 deer including one out of range monster buck. Good luck this week.

Rich

Rich
ya'll are lucky lol, they just didnt move here. I talked to about 10-12 buddies that went and all they saw was rain and wind lol. One did shoot a small doe around 4, but he said something spooked that deer to him.

Im waiting for Mr big boy to walk out before I take a shot anyway. If its the last day of bow and a doe gives me a shot ill take her then. I found out the neigbor across the bottom from where I hunt has trail cams of 8-9bucks. All are shooters but its a 9 and a 10 there with thick/wide horns. Judging by the size of the rubs around my stands, its one of them I hope;)

High pressure will be over us today/tomorrow and tuesday. If we dont get anything this week, the weekend looks unreal for now. Highs in the low 60's and lows in the LOW 40s!!!! Oh and sunny;)