Treestand Thief

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

spitfire125

Treestand Thief

Post by spitfire125 »

Went out yesterday with the wife too check my hunting property that I have had permission for the last 10 years.Everything looked good , lots of fresh sign.........Went out this morning at 6:00am To find that my treestands went missing over night. I was not impressed!ruined my hunt and my day! Never had a problem before! :x
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

That sucks. That's why I made some of my own homebrew hang on stands. Too cheap looking for anyone to steal. I chain and lock all my stands now too. Sorry to hear about your loss.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

man i hate to hear about things like this, i lost a real nice climber a few years ago. i just put mine out this weekend and along with my cameras i sure hope i dont have this problem with this new club that i am in.
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Dont feel bad happend to me yesterday 15 foot ladder stand found the digital cam they took it was ok.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
vapredhunter

Post by vapredhunter »

people Suck
Bucko

Post by Bucko »

I had a stand/steps taken a few yrs. back and it still P.O.'s me :x
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

Spitfire125,

That REALLY Sucks!!!!

I have hunted this area for many years myself & never ran into this problem.

Any specifics of which make, model, markings etc. that I can keep an eye out for in my travels.

I do drive around B-B twnshp a lot & stop to talk with many hunters that I do see, so I can keep an eye open for you.

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
Bruno-TL

Post by Bruno-TL »

I have finished my hunt for this year in Wisconsin. My brother-in-law called yesterday and told me one of our stands and ladders had been stolen. Chained and locked at top and bottom . Stand had been up for about 30 days.. Had a stand and ladder stolen 2 years ago from the same location. Don't really see a lot of other hunters in the area so don't know who is that hard up.

Thom :(
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I chain my stands as well. Not going to stop someone who is determined but will stop the casual passerby.

I also remove the first 8-10 feet of tree steps.

Last year I had one go missing(further up the tree), as someone either used my stand or tried to take it not realizing it was chained. Either way that's not right. I don't think it is ok for someone to use my stand when I am not there. I took the time to do my scouting. I took the time to clear the shooting lanes. I took the time to haul the treestand to where it is. I had to make the money to buy the stand, the steps, the chain, the lock.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
saxman

Post by saxman »

I have had that happen as well.
I found a deal on Warren & Sweat climbers a few years ago so I bought 5 of them at 1 time and all were stolen the same year.
Puts a bad taste in your mouth to think either the Anti's are doing it or a fellow hunter.How can one brother steal from another
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

It sucks. Switch to protables as they are light weight and easy to install. I use the Cabela's $89.00 version and have 2 stands and 6 portable chain attachments. The backpack straps make it easy to carry and I just strap my little backpack to the stand and walk in. Take 5 minutes to set up. Love it and don't get it ripped off. I leave teh chain attachment in place and carry a spare in the pack just in case.
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
spitfire125

Treestand thief

Post by spitfire125 »

That would be great Mtbyak , My stands where taken out of Southwest Oxford TWSHP, Foldens ,Sweaburg Area.I have a pretty good Idea who it was but still doing a little investigating. You can contact me at [email protected] .Thanks Again