Finally, the pressures off!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

NewGuy

Finally, the pressures off!!!

Post by NewGuy »

Well after 3 years of deer hunting it finally paid off. :D I've had my share of chances but always thought i would wait for a bigger one but after a terrible last season with not many sightings, this year i took the first deer that presented a shot. I happened to score a new property last Friday and set up a stand. Today was the first day i was able to hunt it and spotted deer around 5:20pm. They were on the edge of the clover field i was overlooking. By 5:45 i had 3 does all under my stand, the bigger doe must have caught my movement but didn't bust out. I had 2 behind me with no lanes and 1 almost in front. I drew on the one in front but she turned to head in the bush. I had to let down and wait until she came out into my shooting lane again. A couple minutes later it finally happened and I let loose. I watched her run about 75 yards into the clover and pile up. When i climbed down from my stand the Buck that was with them was still about 70 yards down the edge. I also had to wait for the other doe behind me to bugger off. I may have had a shot at him or the bigger Doe, but after 3 deerless seasons i'm just happy to get my 1st archery deer.

:lol: :lol:Image
Makomachine

Post by Makomachine »

Congrats - I'm in the same boat as you were at this point. Just bought a Phoenix after having a tendon injury in my right hand making it impossible to vert bow hunt. Not that I will miss it much - went 4+ years with horrible luck - killed many during rifle season during that time period, but always seemed to have something go wrong with the bow. Trust me - first legal deer that walks into shooting range of the Phoenix is in trouble!
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

Way to go man :D
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations!!!!!!!!
wabi
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Congrat's on your 1st archery deer !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

Congrats!!! Job well done.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Congrats! :)

What broadheads/bolt combination did you use?
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

I was using my Bowtech Blackhawk set at 58 pounds with the easton carbonaeros and spitfire mechanicals
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Congratulations. I have come to realize that they are all trophies is their own way. Besides, the big fellas are tough to chew :lol: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
TYE

Post by TYE »

NewGuy wrote:I was using my Bowtech Blackhawk set at 58 pounds with the easton carbonaeros and spitfire mechanicals
Great job :)