Varizone scope settings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hunter Dan

Varizone scope settings

Post by Hunter Dan »

I bought a Exomax (used 2004 model) with the varizone on it. Now i'm a little confused on how the scope speed ring works. What should i set it to?
i shot the bow with it set to 225 and it is right on from 20-40 yds. Now will it still shoot accurate with the ring set to 300 or 350 ?
And how can you tell how fast it is shooting using the scope?
awshucks

V-zone

Post by awshucks »

I'm sure you will get lot's of help here, but here's my 2 cents worth. You sight x hairs at 20, move target to 30, and adjust your up and down poi via the speed ring. Once you are on the money at 30, your 40 and 50 should be good to go also. As I understand it, the fps graduations on the ring are kinda close, but not always matching chrony speeds. The speed ring won't change your 20 yd w/ x hairs when you turn it up [if you're hitting high at 30] or down. If you change arrow weight or string type, you will want to redo if needed.
"Eze 18:21"
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

How fast it is shooting using the speed ring will only be a guess, gets ya in a ball park figure as far as might be shooting FPS. The only real way to know is with a GOOD CHRONEY :!: :wink:

On the road, wireless!!
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Digger

Post by Digger »

What you are doing when you set the speed ring is increase the scopes power X toward 4 to 350 fps and decrease the power x down to 2 1/2 at 250fps. This changes your perspective when aiming except for the crosshair which remains at what you first set the scope at.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity