New style quiver mount

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

I already have a Dan Miller mount, and I think their just fine. But I'd purchase one from you also, just to have some variety.

I don't want to critized your invention groundpounder, because I think its great, but my concern is, how do the arrows stay in the quiver when you have it slung over your back. I can see after walking half a mile, the constant jarring might shake the arrows loose. You really only have the center rubber holder supporting the arrows when upside down. Where the broadhead goes in, it has no holding power. Versus the Dan Miller style, because its horizontal, you have two holding points to hold the arrows secure in place. Both in the broadhead location and the center support.

I hope I made some sense here.

Grey Owl
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

To reply to grey owl, I call myself groundpounder because I love to walk when I hunt. I have walked miles with this thing slung over my shoulder and have never had one slip out of the quiver, but I guess that would also depend on bolt diameter. Thats no sales pitch. This whole thing has had more response than I ever imagined. I have always wanted to come up with a good invention, just never thought this would be it! I have been looking into this whole thing more than anyone could imagine since the responce I have recieved, and appreciate the responce and comments. Thats why I posted it to begin with, to recieve feedback. I will be making these in the very near future and fulfill every order recieved. I will post when available and hope it will be some time next week if materials and everything else works out. I just love to be hunting like the rest of you and try to come up with things that will make the trips as enjoyable as possible. This one is the first thing that I have ever tried to produce like this before and am seeing this as a great learning experience.
Why ride when you can walk!
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

I love to fool with machining also. I can't stand it if I'm not learning something new so MIG welding, ornamental iron work and machining are my current new things to learn.

I'd be interested in buying one also. Let me know when you have them available, but (((DON'T))) let it screw up your time in the woods. Do it later in the winter when you want to stay indoors.

DrDan
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Thanks for your response Groundpounder. If you say you've walked many miles with it and never had an arrow come loose, then hey, that's good enough for me. I'm much like you, with my rifle, I walk miles and miles and miles, this is my favorite style of hunting. Now with the Dan Miller quiver mount and yours, I may try stalking deer, or rattling them in.

Put me down for one of your quiver mounts, and I'll talk a friend to get one for his.

Its good to have people like you to invent devices for our Xbows to make it better functioning.

Grey Owl
TNhunterKMC

Post by TNhunterKMC »

As far as a patent - too late - you've already put your invention out in the public. As far as its design - pretty dang sweet. As far as arrows coming out of the stock quiver versus the Lynx 4 arrow quiver sold by DM along with this crossways mount - believe me they can and will come out of that quiver too. I freakin lost 2 bolts/broadheads a few weeks ago coming out of an unfamiliar piece of property after dark. I guess I hung them on some briars or underbrush or something. I took my kids back with me the next day and searched for them for 2-3 hours and never could find them.
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

GP,

I would also be interested in one of your mounts when they are available.

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

I WANT ONE!!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

Not a bad idea, actually it looks like it might distribute the weight more evenly instead of just adding more weight to the front end, maybe.
What is the weight diff. compaired to the other mount?
Thanks for sharing.
bj

Post by bj »

GREY OWL wrote:I already have a Dan Miller mount, and I think their just fine. But I'd purchase one from you also, just to have some variety.

I don't want to critized your invention groundpounder, because I think its great, but my concern is, how do the arrows stay in the quiver when you have it slung over your back. I can see after walking half a mile, the constant jarring might shake the arrows loose. You really only have the center rubber holder supporting the arrows when upside down. Where the broadhead goes in, it has no holding power. Versus the Dan Miller style, because its horizontal, you have two holding points to hold the arrows secure in place. Both in the broadhead location and the center support.

I hope I made some sense here.

Grey Owl
don't forget, he's using the new style quiver with the two rubber connection points...this quiver is 1000% better than the old style and i find the bolts stay "right where you put 'em"...this new mount is great...it offers more stability than some of the other over the bow quivers and yes it looks like the field of vision would be greatly increased...i'm in for a few... :wink:

wayne.....
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

im in.
dodgeman158

Quiver mount

Post by dodgeman158 »

Put me down for two.Thanks
A.W

Post by A.W »

A.W wrote:Question for you.....Looking at the picture it appears that the bottom of the quiver sticks out in front of the stirrup. If so can it be moved back on the bracket?

GP. Can you give me this info please?
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Not too late with the patent. Showing an interest in the produce is actually a plus for obtaining the patent.

There's a book at the local library on applying for a patent. And this website is helpful.

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/dapp/pacmain.html

Be careful about replying to those TV ads for patents . . .
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

To reply to A.W, When holding the xbow vertical on a flat surface the end of my quiver is one inch off the ground. There is also plenty of room to get your boot in the styrup for cocking. Did not try to mislead anyone with bolts not falling out of quiver. I guess I do have the "new" style quiver with two mounting points for the bolt. I did not know about the "older" model quiver. A question for you-Does the older style quiver use the same quick release mounting block? The holes are 1-5/16'' apart on my mounting block. Again, all measurements I have done so far are with a Exocet 200 with the new style quiver that comes with the RightStuff Package.
Why ride when you can walk!
A.W

Post by A.W »

Thanks GP. :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.