What Signs Are You Seeing In S.Ontario?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

Post by TYE »

Sierra wrote:
TYE wrote:This is the only deer I have been seeing.

Here's a couple more, Tye

Holy smokes! :shock: Nice bucks!
bow hunter

Post by bow hunter »

I've seen both scrapes and rubs. Land owners saw two decent bucks sparing on Saturday. I've tried rattling but have yet to have anything come in yet. I had a young doe came in to my grunt tube, this morning. She stood broad side at 25 yds. I passed this time. I put a small buck in the freezer the first week, so I'm being a little selective for now. There's lots of season left.
brownie

Post by brownie »

I havent seen any scrapes in my area but dont think I will. Also have a lot of track signs in the corn field but havent seen one deer yet. Seems like that they come out after dark to feed or something. Starting to get frustrated, 5 years and looks like its going on 6 years without shooting a deer. Oh well thats hunting I guess. Cheers!!!

brownie
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

The second buck is Father's. He shot it while recovering the bigger buck
2006 Exocet 200
3x ProView Scope
85 grain NAP Thunderhead
Wolverine Hunter 20" CrossBolts
Original Stock String
Bolt Speed 320 fps
TYE

Post by TYE »

A.W wrote:Sierra. I've looked at your pic a few times and have now just noticed that there are two bucks. Nice critters. :wink:
Took me a while to clue in there was 2 bucks too. :oops:
huntman

Post by huntman »

AW: The area i am hunting a little north of the GTA i have to say that it is just the beginning of pre rut. Have found some rubs and a few scrapes but not alot of sign. Now that could also be im not looking in the right place, but another reason is i have seen many deer and they have been mixed together, bucks, does, fawns. In the past i have noticed that when the rut is on Bucks seem to isolate themselves more and tend not to be feeding with the does. I think they have better things on their minds :D !! This just my observation i know that different bucks do different things! Maybe im just hoping to see a big brusier crossing the field after being with the does all night getting busy!