405fps crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sevcrist

Post by Sevcrist »

The Great Lakes/Darton Impact is a fast bow somewhat similar to the Stryker. Darton advertises 343 fps with a 475 grain arrow at 165 pounds and a 17" power stroke. http://www.dartonarchery.com/GCLImpact.htm

I guess my point is that Darton could have made it even faster by increasing the poundage, decreasing the arrow weight or increasing the power stroke. But they didn't, maybe because they knew or thought that it wouldn't hold together.
BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

I heard on another forum that they'll only be available in a package deal around the $1600 mark. So doing the math.... Exomax $600 and 355 fps, Stryker $1600 and 405 fps that's only $1000 for 50 fps. Speed doesn't kill it breaks your wallet.
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

Wonder how many of these will sell on looks alone. I can see how some would think it looks neat. As for me I require top notch quality as I spend a lot of time in the bush and walking through thick stuff. I don't think any other bow could handle the extremes Canada has the way Excaliburs do. TenPoints are good but not as easy to fix when problems do occur.
widowman

Post by widowman »

Until they start designing arrows that can hold up to that type of power, I will hold off my interest. I see no point wrestling with bolts in targets or breaking arrows everytime they are shot at game.

Also, it looks like the stirrup has an inch or more between where you put your foot to the point where the stirupp contacts the ground. It seems to me that it would want to "roll" while cocking.
Doug the Slug

Stryker

Post by Doug the Slug »

If that thing isn't ugly, I don't know what is!

Doug :roll:
Catsclaw

Post by Catsclaw »

In case yall missed it on the other thread, I have seen and held this xbow......

We had a Bowtech rep at the Bows and Does hunt this past weekend. She brought along a prototype of the Stryker. It is a most impressive looking xbow, but does have a few things one would want to consider before shelling out that kind of cash.

First off, the price....need I say more??

Second...this xbow is VERY HEAVY!!!!! I thought my Horton was heavy!!! If you pack a climbing stand, this xbow, and all your other gear very far, you BETTER be in good shape!!!!! You are going to need a rest for this xbow!! There is NO WAY a disabled shooter, like myself, or anyone who moved on to a xbow because of shoulder problems, will be able to hold this xbow up long enough for something to get in range.

Third.....and probably the most important...this xbow shoots 450fps!! The arrows on the market right now are not going to work with this xbow. They are to light!! Sooo....you'll need a heavier arrow, thus losing any real advantage of having a xbow that'll shoot 450fps.

I feel it only fair to point out something good about this xbow. It has a really cool hand grip thingy on it, so you CAN NOT chop off your fingers during discharge. This is not an issue for me, but it was a plus for the Stryker. :)

I TOTALLY forgot to mention the internal cocking system built inside the xbow. If it breaks, I'm pretty sure you'll own a $1600 paper weight.
[url=http://www.thedisabledlife.com]www.thedisabledlife.com[/url]
I ain't hidin from nobody, Nobodys hidin from me!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Some people just like stepping on rakes
deerman

Post by deerman »

THIS I'D HAVE TO SEE. :shock: