bowbug

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Al

Post by Big Al »

There seems to be only one rack in the picture, looks good enough to eat.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Big Al wrote:There seems to be only one rack in the picture, looks good enough to eat.
That buck probably came up to her and ask what time it was since she was sporting that nice shinny watch.

I wonder which rack won the contest? Never mind, I'm sure it was the one still living . . .
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

Yep! GOT MILK?
Vic from Pa.

BowBug's do work

Post by Vic from Pa. »

I used bow bugs on 2219 bolts last year out of a 150 lb. horton crossbow. I killed four a buck and three does with them. They worked great on the buck and two does, but didn't work on the last doe. I was using spitfire xp pro broadheads and on the last doe one of the blades of the mechanical head opened up and broke the bow bug. I made a good shot on the doe and recovered the deer and the bolt, so I know that this is what happened. The darned thing is neat but the range is not as far as they say.
The real problem for me was getting them to stay in place on the bolt when it is launched. I kept my shots under 20 yards.
I switched to rage 2 blade expandable heads this year hoping to avoid having a blade folding over and breaking the transmitter. The problem for me is that I am now using a excalibur exomax and gold tip bolts. These go much faster than my old set up with the horton. As a result I haven't found a way to keep them in place on my carbon bolts and they shoot too poorly to use for hunting. If I ever get them shooting straight I would very much like to use them again.
Also the practice head they give you is a good bit lighter than the actual transmitter with a battery.