Everyone should have these for marking blood trails!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bsmith

Everyone should have these for marking blood trails!

Post by bsmith »

I bought some small reusable LED tacks that are for marking blood trails a few months ago at a tradeshow. They are called illumitacks and they work awesome for marking your blood trail in low light or after dark. They also have a built in magnet so not only can you stick it into a tree but you can even stick it on a leaf or just about anything. Keeps you on track without having to search for the last blood again and again. I have also set up the green ones that won't spook game during the day on a trail to a new stand location and follow the lights in the next morning without a flash light. Check them out at www.elusivewildlife.com or

http://www.elusivewildlife.com/products.htm

I used them again last night on me and my 2 boys Halloween costumes to make sure we stayed visible while we were walking around the neighborhood. Really cool!
The Headhunter
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Aw, illuminated tacks are all right, but really, everybody should have some of THIS for marking bloodtrails:

I don't know if it comes in green. It isn't reflective. It isn't reusable (at least, it usually isn't). There are no magnets involved. It will, when employed, stick to things, but doing so is unsportsmanlike.

For simple, effective, economical and biodegradeable bloodtrailing, though, it just can't be beat.

Besides, you can't use illuminated tacks to, well, you know.

Grizz

Just joshing, Bsmith ... thanks for the tip. I'll take the TP, though!
A.W

Post by A.W »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
rwk

Post by rwk »

Grizz do'nt the brown spots wash off. Rich
Makomachine

Post by Makomachine »

Grizzly Adam wrote:Aw, illuminated tacks are all right, but really, everybody should have some of THIS for marking bloodtrails:

I don't know if it comes in green. It isn't reflective. It isn't reusable (at least, it usually isn't). There are no magnets involved. It will, when employed, stick to things, but doing so is unsportsmanlike.

For simple, effective, economical and biodegradeable bloodtrailing, though, it just can't be beat.

Besides, you can't use illuminated tacks to, well, you know.

Grizz

Just joshing, Bsmith ... thanks for the tip. I'll take the TP, though!
And to think - all this time when hunting and finding that I thought it was just the answer to the question "does a bear **** in the woods" - turns out, I was just seeing someone marking a bloodtrail... :D
Excalibur Phoenix
Vari-Zone Scope
Steddy Eddy
Gold Tip LII / Blazer vanes / Tracer Nock / Slick Trick BH
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

Heck, and I thought the complaint was Hemi- roads. Also known in San Francisco as speed bumps.