Tru Glo Fiber Optics

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Highlander

Post by Highlander »

I agree with Wabi. Green is definitely the best in low light. I didn't get to shoot at a real nice buck the other day because I have a red tru-glo on my front sight of my rifle. Couldn't find it in the peep in low light . My Vixen has a green tru-glo and I'm sure I would have killed it with that. Experimented when I got home and, to me at least, green is much better in the thick stuff in low light.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I put a red tru-glo on my rifle this morning. They didn't have any green anyways. Took a peek through my sights outside, and it helps so much more :) I'm not usually out during low light times up there with my rifle anyways, so I'm not too worried about that.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Good luck with it. Hope it works out well.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Highlander wrote:Good luck with it. Hope it works out well.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Debating now whether I want to put the iron sights on with the rear fiber optic iron sight, or stay with the rear peep... hmmm
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

TYE: you make darn sure you sight back in after you do the sight change. The easy way to learn to use both eyes is to wear glasses and cover the off eye lens with a piece of masking tape, just enough to block the off eye. One of the things I teach new shooters is to not can't there head down. It effect your center of balance and causes wobble. Head up, both eyes open, feet square with your shoulders and you will be a long way to being a better shot and hunter.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Yeah, I know enough to resight my gun if I change it.