Gotta learn to shoot leftie!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DavidT

Gotta learn to shoot leftie!

Post by DavidT »

Had three does within 5 yards last night. But, of course, they came in from the opposite direction of where I figured they would (off to my right). For a half an hour I tried to figure out how to get a shot off without gettin' busted. I'm gonna start practicin' left handed.
Thanks for the ambidextrous safety, Bill!
Thwackem!
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

It really isn't that hard. I tried a few practice shots this fall at my target and I was getting 2" groups at 20yards off hand.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

DavidT, I was in a motorcycle accident which required me getting steel plates and pins installed in my badly broken arm. I was in a cast from my shoulder to my wrist for over a year, not wanting to miss hunting season that year I practice all summer shooting left handed with a 22. Now I am just as comfortable shooting left handed as I am right handed. It has payed off more that a few times over the years while hunting.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

I actually practised it this summer at the range on the 3D targets, and it's not that hard. Alsmot came in handy last time out, since five deer appered to my right, just never gave me a clear shoot.
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Its rather easy i got my doe shooting left handed and never tried it before!!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS