Don't miss me too much.... (Took my 1st bear)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Congratulations Tye on your first bear. Size or not its your first bear. I shot one several years back and it was only 150 pounds but it was a trophy to me. It was so much more work than a deer I don't care to ever get another one regardless of size. I don't regret the one I took at all and you shouldn't either. GP
Why ride when you can walk!
TYE

Post by TYE »

groundpounder wrote:Congratulations Tye on your first bear. Size or not its your first bear. I shot one several years back and it was only 150 pounds but it was a trophy to me. It was so much more work than a deer I don't care to ever get another one regardless of size. I don't regret the one I took at all and you shouldn't either. GP

Thanks Groundpounder :) I wouldn't mind getting another one :)
exocet

Post by exocet »

Sweet 8) Jack.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Well I'm back, and with no deer. :(

We only got one small doe, or fawn I forget what it was. I didn't see a single deer :( I jumped a couple while walking though, but could never see them, too far off in the bush. Oh well, always next year. :)
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Too bad bud. Next year???? We still got a few weeks left for the Excaliburs :twisted: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
TYE

Post by TYE »

ecoaster wrote:Too bad bud. Next year???? We still got a few weeks left for the Excaliburs :twisted: .

Yep, I still have a chance with the bow :)
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

I like venison, but black bear is much better table fair, seems to me you've had a vary good season, TYE.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Big Al wrote:I like venison, but black bear is much better table fair, seems to me you've had a vary good season, TYE.
I haven't eaten bear in a long time so I forget the taste, but I can't wait to eat it :)
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Some thick stuff there Tye. I like the pics of the hardwoods. Like a blanket of red through the trees. Did ya paint your hat with the bear's blood :wink: . :lol:
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
TYE

Post by TYE »

ecoaster wrote:Some thick stuff there Tye. I like the pics of the hardwoods. Like a blanket of red through the trees. Did ya paint your hat with the bear's blood :wink: . :lol:
Yeah, really thick stuff. That's why I'll probably buy a shotgun to use up there also, to get through the thick stuff :) Just haven't made up my mind which slug gun I want to get.

Naw, we all write on eachothers hats. It's a my dad and them have always done up there. You should see what my other hats have on them :shock: The wardens think we're crazy.. :lol:
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Congratulations TYE!

Fine looking Bear,, and with it running right at you, I would say you did a good thing :wink:

Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
TYE

Post by TYE »

Sliver wrote:Congratulations TYE!

Fine looking Bear,, and with it running right at you, I would say you did a good thing :wink:

Harry
Thanks Sliver.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I forgot to mention, my dad had a monster bull moose charge him on Friday afternoon. It was snowing pretty hard out and was really windy, and my dad didn't see the moose till it snapped a branch behind him, my dad turned around and the moose was 30 feet away full out charging at him. So he hid behind the tree and yelled and the moose slammed the brakes on right infront of my dad. Then the bull wandered off and stood about 150 yards from him. I guess the moose thought my dad was another bull moose when he was using his deer grunt call.
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

Well lets hope he thought your Dad was a bull, anything else would be terrible to contemplate. You need to teach moose not to do that. A bullet or a bolt is your best teaching aid I know of.