new vixen

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bait pile willie

new vixen

Post by bait pile willie »

just saw the new vixen at the archers nook,with forward riser, and shortened deck ,131/2"power stroke,what a nice light bow , would be real easy to cock,maintains same speed as older model should be a hit with kids women and some older gents like myself.
navaman

Post by navaman »

it was a hit with me and i'm 47 years young :wink: :lol:
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
PRB

Post by PRB »

I guess its my favorite model of them all because I have one. I had my limbs and stock replaced with the new camo so our two boys really think its cool now. I really like my straight riser (14 inch power stroke) because when the time comes to string/unstring or twist the string for adjustment then the straight riser id much easier than the newer tilted one...I think anyway. Still a great bow either way :wink:
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
kev

Post by kev »

I have one on the way. I have'nt shot my E Max or Mag, Maxpoint in awhile, just the old Vixen and 175 Exocet. I've always prefered my Exocet, Vixen is a close 2nd.

All my hunting is very close range though, under 20 yds. Anything more I'd probably opt for one of the bigger bows.

I've shot a nice Doe and a Button Buck this year with the Vixen. 18" Laser II GT's, 4" vanes, big ole glue on Magnus 3 blade Snuffers that weigh 161-163. total arrow 366. Both pass through's at about 12-15 yds. Dropped within 50yds. I was surprised these big ole broadheads flew this well when I first tried them :wink: Very good blood trails also, you just gotta do your own sharpening and dress up on them.
exocet

Post by exocet »

Why did they change the Vixens and when? I may get one for a backup to my Exocet. Jack.
kev

Post by kev »

I think they changed late last year. All Excal's use the new risers now. Thats why the power stroke went down to 13.5 instead of 14.00.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

I've got myself a new Vixen too. I went to a local shop and picked up and aimed every Excalibur crossbow they had. At first I was planning on buying a Pheonix but the Vixen fit me best and I liked how it was balanced. I'm 5'4" and it seemed perfect for me. I also like the simplicity of that bow, but then again you could say that about every Excalibur product.

Having shot it continually for the last week, I am amazed at what a great crossbow it is. At 20 yards, off hand, I can consistently put arrows in a 2 inch square. My 11-year-old boy is doing the same at 10 yards. The week before I got it I had borrowed a Barnett Demon from a friend. In my opinion, there is no comparison. The Vixen, to me at least, is a better product in every way.

It's got plenty of speed and power for whitetail hunting and it's plain fun to shoot. I can hardly wait for our rifle season to end so I can have at it. We had a great rifle hunt but, dang, I think I'm going to enjoy taking a deer with this even more. I'm hooked!
exocet

Post by exocet »

kev wrote:I think they changed late last year. All Excal's use the new risers now. Thats why the power stroke went down to 13.5 instead of 14.00.
Thanks!! Are the stocks still Deerhide Brown? Do they take 20 inch bolts? Jack.
kev

Post by kev »

I may experiment next year with some real short bolts out of the new 13.5 Vixen. 2219 full shafts should make 2 - 17" bolts per shaft , 2216's 2 - 16".
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Stocks still deerhide brown. Still use 20 inch bolts.....
kev

Post by kev »

yes. I'm sure 20" bolts are fine, I like'm a little shorter in my Vixen.
exocet

Post by exocet »

Thanks guys!! Jack.