Tree Saddle

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Country

Tree Saddle

Post by Country »

I don't know who it was that mentioned the tree saddle but I broke down and got one on your recommendation. Bit pricey and I wish they had sent me a large instead of the xlarge. I tried it out in the back yard and it is indeed pretty comfortable. This is going to be just the ticket since I hunt 4 to 5 miles away from my truck. Carrying the usual tree stand back that far was beginning to be out of the question at my age. It's enough trying to drag the deer out. It's easily transportable. Either where it out to your stand or carry it in a day pack. Almost anytree will do. The saddle will make a difference in my hunting success. Thanks.
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

I read your post and the "at my age" rang a bell. I bought one of the deer drag bags from Cabella's some years back and use the heck out of it. The one thing I learned about it the first time I tried it was it works both ways (in and out). They don't cost hardly anything, and they sure make it easier to hunt.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Don't know whether you can get a cell signal where you hunt, but if you can, why not forget about dragging deer out if you're a long way in?

We can register our kill at 1-800-I-GOT-ONE. You can carry a mini hoist and a coil of 3/8 rope, and using any stout stick for a gambrel, you can get 'em up and bone 'em out right in the woods or brush ... don't have to carry anything out but a backpack of pure meat.

To each their own, but it makes more sense to me than dragging out a carcass ... if you can legally do it.

We can't always get a signal where I live, but usually can.

Grizz