Hunting Tricks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Masterhunter wrote:Well we all know that scent can make or break a hunting trip. Mixing some doe urine with doe in heat lure 1 part with 3 parts water. Mix this well before you gargle it for 1 minute.. DO NOT SWALLOW!!! I repeat DO NOT SWALLOW!!
This may not attract any deer but it will sure keep everyone else away from you.
UGH UGH UGH!!!! :shock: I thought baking soda was bad! I often take an apple or two on my hunt. I think eating apples often also makes your own urine an attractant (I've had deer come to it!)

Jodi
Country

Post by Country »

I've noticed since I moved to the mountains and have clean well water that I can smell the clorine or whatever they put in the city water. It seems to hang in the hair and the skin after you bathe, and most certainly in your clothes after you wash them. If I can smell it, the deer can. I guess city folk don't notice it much since they breath it all the time.
I've wonder too if bad breath can be picked up. That garlic delight you had the night before or maybe even the stale beer. What ever it means it's always better to pay attention to and play the wind like you've been rolling in a cougars bed.