Rubber Boots

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Brian Lockyer

Rubber Boots

Post by Brian Lockyer »

Looking for some feed back on rubber boots. I have a pair of Rocky leather boots and a Canadian tire brand of rubber boots; which I need to replace. I am looking at a pair of Rocky Buckstalker; 1000gr of 17inches high rubber boots. Would appreciate any suggestions or if anyone has tried the Buckstalker how did they work for them.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I don't hunt in rubber boots because my feet sweat horribly (even below freezing temps) :oops: I alternate between 2 prs of boots both with rubber bottoms (the "shoe" part). 1 pair has cordura tops and the other has leather tops. I use SnoSeal on them to waterproof them above the rubber and that works for me. Some people say not to wear leather in the deer woods, but I've had deer walk along right in my tracks less shortly after I've passed through. Works for me and they fit better than rubber boots.

Jo
Tom

Post by Tom »

Brian I have for many years used a pair of Rubber Boots from "Nokian Boots". They are the most comfortable rubber boot that I have ever wore. There is no lacing, only a pull strap on the top to tighten. They are also felt lined. I have wore these many times ice fishing, but the only time I wear them now is if the area I will be walking through has high water. These boots come just below the knee.
http://www.nokianfootwear.com/
I did not find the boot that I use (WildMark) in an internet search (I have had them many years) but I did notice that these boots "Nokian" are sold by trapping supply companies.

Hope this helps.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
JRS

Post by JRS »

I had a pair of Buckstalker boots with 500 grams of Thinsulate and all I will say is 'never again'. Within 2 years the rubber cracked and the boots started leaking. They were only used during the deer season and were stored indoors for the rest of the year. Of course the warranty was only for one year, so I was left with an expensive pair of leaking boots. :evil:
exocet

Post by exocet »

bstout wrote:I have no shame. Here I go flashing leg again!

These leave absolutely no scent behind whatsoever. The deer have no idea which direction you went after you've walked in.

These have 1200 grams of thinsulate. I wear paper thin 100% polypropylene socks with them to keep my feet dry.

I can't remember my feet ever being cold. They're perfect for Wisconsin fall and winter weather.
Sweet!! What brand and model? Thanks-Jack.
trky chsr

Post by trky chsr »

Doesn't water seep through the zipper?
Brian Lockyer

Rubber Boots

Post by Brian Lockyer »

Thank you to everyone who reponded to my request. Lots of valuable of
information.
BOB VANDRISH

RUBBER BOOTS

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Brian,I have a pair of 800 gm Lacrosse boots,the same height as the ones in the pictures,without a side zipper.
I find that they are super for late fall use,with several layers of socks.
Quite good support for walking too.
I seem to remember a price around $70 US
My feet sweat easily,and these work for me.
Bob Vandrish.
saxman

Post by saxman »

800 grm Neopreme rubber boots from Cabela's brand.
I used them this season in Michigan. I use a polypro liner and a marino wool scok,the only time my feet got cold was when I used a heat pack in them and made my feet sweat then the heat wore off and I got cold.Other than that I never got cold.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011