Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GaryL

Post by GaryL »

THis is not nit picking so please don't anyone take it that way. Be a couple of PICTURES for some AVATARS WAY,WAY to big. We all have to learn how to do some of this stuff so here's the specs, your avatar can be resized as easy as any picture. When too large it makes the post slide way off screen and a pain in the butt to read. However I will be the first to state they sure look good.

Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 200 pixels, the height no greater than 200 pixels, and the file size no more than 20 KB.

Your AVATAR gets posted the same as any picture you post by that I mean the same way: right size then Image

Like I stated not starting nutten but sure makes looking and reading a post better when the AVATAR is of proper size. :D

Last edited by GaryL on Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Bucko

Post by Bucko »

I just used the Avatar section under the Excalibur's user profile to add my avatar from the Photobucket site.I resized a pic. to standards and used the copy/paste method at the profile add avatar heading.
wildwindom

Re: AVATAR HELP!

Post by wildwindom »

GaryL wrote:THis is not nit picking so please don't anyone take it that way. Be a couple of PICTURES for some AVATARS WAY,WAY to big. We all have to learn how to do some of this stuff so here's the specs, your avatar can be resized as easy as any picture. When too large it makes the post slide way off screen and a pain in the butt to read. However I will be the first to state they sure look good.

Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 200 pixels, the height no greater than 200 pixels, and the file size no more than 20 KB.

Your AVATAR gets posted the same as any picture you post by that I mean the same way: right size then Image

Like I stated not statrting nutten but sure makes looking and reading a post better when the AVATAR is of proper size. :D

DITTO!!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
huntman

Post by huntman »

Im on your side 100% Gary! When someone with an avatar thats too big posts a reply to any post, i usually end up skipping that post cause its a pain to move left to right from line to line!
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

I thought there was a minimum for pixels or it would not even accept it.
motuna

Post by motuna »

I also agree with you guys and also, I wish that people would preview their entries before they submit them to check spelling and make sure it makes sense!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

bstout wrote:I see what you're talking about Gary where some posts are long and you have to use the scroll bar at the bottom to read them.

I don't think it's related to the avatar though. Seems to happen after someone posts a long link to another site.

Peter sometimes fixes these posts that stretch way out.
Yes bstout that also (link) to another site will and can cause the same problem and can be expected at times. I am only stating a couple AVATARS need down sized. When a too large of AVATAR is posted it takes up half of the post page, these can be seen by the size of the AVATAR picture which will show extra large while others in the same thread will be of normal size. To them that are still learning this stuff AVATARS and posting pictures please do not take this wrong as none is meant, just resize. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

A yep Bob you be right by no doubt "Word wrap" :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Tom

Post by Tom »

Bstout the problem with the larger "AVATAR" is that it makes the margin wider for a avatars. This does not affect the margins for the posts, but because the avatar's margin is wider, the whole window becomes wider. This makes the window too large for viewers with smaller monitors. To view the whole window, you must use the curser to move the track bar side to side to read. It is a pain in the butt.

About the LINKS added that do the same thing, there is nothing to that can be done to that. The links are a great help to many, but the avatars are just a signature for the poster which can be made smaller. Trouble is, like you mentioned, these avatars (one's with real pictures) look better when they are larger. When I first set up my picture in my avatar, it took me a few attempts (resizing pthe picture) before I got one that did not affect the size of the posts.

I guess it will mean we have to deal alot more with the tracking bars on the bottom of the windows.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Sorry bstout it is an issuie, if you make the AVATAR too lage it will take up half of the post area. Watch.... :twisted: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
huntman

Post by huntman »

Not sure what the dispute is about if the avatar is too large it DOES make the post larger and wider and more difficult to read. I can think of one members that avatar is much too large and i skip ever topic he posts in!!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

What ya think Bob :?: let me know real soon so I can change it back .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

I agree with you completely,GaryL. Maybe the easiest fix would be for the Marketing Dude to set the avatar so it will not accept anything over the 200 x 200 pixels. Good luck getting your point across. :wink:

..Al.
Tom

Post by Tom »

bstout wrote:How is this? Better I hope.

Bob
Bob nothing was said that your avatar was a problem. I am sorry you felt it that way. On this site I do not have an avatar because of the problem I had setting one up on another site like I mentioned above. Most pictures or avatars are ok, only some do cause problems. but after some long looking, the ones that caust the scroll bar for me is the OLDER POSTS that were dredged up from the archives. If you were to look at the margins for the Avatar section, the larger avatars would take over 1/3 the page, but as I said, those were mostly older messages.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

ttt
Always learning!!
Home fer now!