2216's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tkstae

2216's

Post by tkstae »

I found some alu. xx75 2216's on the Bowhunters Superstore for a good price. I was wondering if anyone has bought anything from them. I'm trying to decide if I should have someone make up a dozen custom alu. for my Exocet or if the store bought will do. I've been buying my Goldtips over the counter for awhile now with pretty good accuracy but getting tired of them shattering on impact with deer it's happen twice now. Ruined some meat with them. I know some of the guys on the forum are switching back to alu. Any advice would be of great help.
Iglooman

2216's

Post by Iglooman »

Hi,
I switched back to 2216 after several of the the carbon one's shattered while sighting in the xbow and snaped a couple of them when I shot at a deer - the arrow snaped in half about 1/2 inch before the fletching - I don't use them any longer. I went back to 2216's and am doing my own fletching now.

I may cut down some of my 2216 a couple of inches after the archery season ends and fletch them with 4" vanes - just to check out the accuracy with the shortened bolts.

I am sure there are other members that have swiched back to allumin arrows.

Iglooman
:)
Exomag
A.W

Post by A.W »

I have always used 2216's for my bow although I now have some 2219's that I haven't tried yet.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I switch between 2216 and beeman Thunderbolts, both shoot to the same point of impact. The Beemans have never let me down.
crooksight

Post by crooksight »

i have puchased 6-7 differant items from the bowhunters super store in the last 2 weeks and can say they are very reliable, communicate well and ship fast. i am waiting on a 1/2 doz. gold tips right now from them 8)
Excalibur Exocet
wabi

Post by wabi »

Made one purchase from Bowhunter's Superstore and they were good to deal with.
I switched back to aluminums this year, but I went with 2215s. I've had good luck with them so far.
wabi
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

Wabi what type broadheads are you shooting with those 2215's? I'm shooting 100 grain Slick Tricks and Wasps. That's with my 175 lb. Exocet.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I went back to 100 gr Wasp JakHammer mechanicals this year. I tried one of the NAP Spitfires early in the season and had bad results. A hit that should have quickly put the deer down, and I lost the blood trail after about 200 yards. She just stopped bleeding???? Found her a few days later, and the hit looked good (should have clipped both lungs) but she was too "ripe" to do an autopsy on. The entry and exit holes were in the right places, but she didn't react that way???? I went back to Wasp JakHammers (1 3/4" cut and double banded) and have 2 straight kills with a 50 to 60 yard trail on one and a 28 yard trail on the other since. I don't know the exact count, probably around 10 deer, but I have yet to loose one shot with a 1 3/4" cut JakHammer. I did loose one with a 1 1/4" cut JakHammer (opened in flight I think - single banded). I even made one shot too far back on a buck with a 1 3/4" cut and he went 60 yards. The liver was cut completely in two! They might not be the latest high-tech design, but they work, and it's the results, not the fancy advertising that counts in my way of thinking!
wabi
Rich

Post by Rich »

All of my dealing with BH Superstore have been positive and their prices have been very competitive.