EPIRB question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

NZ Hunter

EPIRB question

Post by NZ Hunter »

I would appreciate any advice from the forum members.

Question, I need an EPIRB that is very light and compact, as I do go into alot of very steep country hunting goats for contract work. I have had a lot of close calls on slipping and geting away with no broken limbs. My wife wories about me. I thaught it would be best to get an EPIRB but it needs to be light weight as all the bits and pieces I cary do add up.
I was checking out the AQUAFIX 406 personal EPIRB only weighs 343 grams.
Your thaughts will be much appreciated.
Warwick.
If it feels good, DO IT.
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

Your best bet would be to get with any aircraft safety supply house, and or talk to the Coast Guard search and rescue people. These are the folks that know what works best as they do this for a living.
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

EPIRB :? :?:
TPM

Post by TPM »

EPIRB?
Emergency Position Indicating Radiobeacon
NZ Hunter

Post by NZ Hunter »

Makes good sense to talk to the search & rescue. There is no cell phone coverage where I hunt, I do cary a small cb radio and leave the other at home, that is only of use if I dont make it home and they do a fly over the following day with the cb I have left at home with my wife.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
bstout, I used to have an HR2510 with a half wave vertical, could make contact with state side most of the time, even reached Italy, Canada, Rusia on a good day. Main use was for boating base unit contact.
If it feels good, DO IT.
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Most of your good Marine supply houses carry these. They are not cheap though, but you can not put a price on the safety of you and yours.