i think i'm switching??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

speedball

Post by speedball »

are the recurves louder at the shot than the compound bows? and will it [exocet], shoot a bolt with same power[speed], than my tenpoint? i know i can shoot a lighter bolt but i want to shoot 2219's or 2216's or carbon of equall weight???also i do like how much lighter the excals are and i've heard of guys having them last 20 years???speed :shock:
gone huntin never to return................
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

NZ Hunter wrote:To uncock with the aid, simply put both hooks on as usual but pull all the rope through to one side so one handle is up against the rail and the other handle in your hand. I take one wrap around my hand as all the rope to one side is slightly long to pull tight if you dont. Take up the pressure keep your foot firmly in the stirrup and release the trigger with the other hand. I sounds dangerous to take a wrap with one hand but it is very easy to do. Im sure I got this off a video somewhere. I was a bit nervous the first time but there is hardly any at all. I have the Phoenix.
Thanks for the tip! I'll try it that way next time!!!
Cougar

Post by Cougar »

The excaliburs make no more noise than the compounds, and have as much speed. What you get with excalibur is a bow that is simpler, more accurate, and the best trigger hands down. As a hunter safety instructor we get a discount from both horton and tenpoint and I can buy those bows at cost. I have owned both and sold them as they don't compare to the excalibur, which I pay full price for. I have owned 2 older exocets, and just traded one in and ordered a phoenix. I have never had a malfunction or problem with excalibur, can,t say that for the rest.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Cougar wrote:The excaliburs make no more noise than the compounds, and have as much speed. What you get with excalibur is a bow that is simpler, more accurate, and the best trigger hands down. As a hunter safety instructor we get a discount from both horton and tenpoint and I can buy those bows at cost. I have owned both and sold them as they don't compare to the excalibur, which I pay full price for. I have owned 2 older exocets, and just traded one in and ordered a phoenix. I have never had a malfunction or problem with excalibur, can,t say that for the rest.
I'm with ya on Excalibur, however will state that the best trigger I have had in a crossbow has been my TenPoint Stealth X2. Have never had a problem with anything on the xbow.

Still take my Excalibur any of them when I hunt. All though I do love shooting my TenPoint.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
A.W

Post by A.W »

You still can't beat Excal's service.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

speedball wrote:are the recurves louder at the shot than the compound bows? and will it [exocet], shoot a bolt with same power[speed], than my tenpoint? i know i can shoot a lighter bolt but i want to shoot 2219's or 2216's or carbon of equall weight???:
Your 185 lb. Tenpoint should be shooting at 313 fps. so the Exocet should be nearly the same speed with those arrows.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/demo/m ... ent_id=132
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

A.W wrote:You still can't beat Excal's service.
Very, Very TRUE A.W. :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
speedball

Post by speedball »

thanx guys, this site is another reason for a purchase too!! i know if i have any questions i'd very likely get a very accurate answer, although its not a big deal to me i do like the secondary saftery to keep thumbs out of the string on the tenpoint, any ideas about training my daughter to keep hers out of the string travel.[ i thought of glueing a button or a round metal bump on the forestock so she can remember to put her thumb there// what do you guys think???
Tom

Post by Tom »

bstout wrote: I think that is a great idea!

Maybe even a small horizontal rail so she can choose where she wants to place her thumb as long as it's below that minature rail. Also as she grows her hold will change with the size of her hands. Having a rail instead of a button would allow her lateral movement so she can find her comfy zone when she shoots.
I agree with bstout above. The rail the full length will allow her to place her hand where she is most comfortable. I know for me, my hand placement changes as needed for the shot.

I have thought about something like that (a rail) as a saftey device. Take a 1/4 round plastic moulding and double side tape (there are some very good waterproof strong double side tape on the market today) and just stick it below the top of the rail. Do both sides to keep it the same looking, and if she ever deceides to learn to shoot both left and right, it will already be there. Right now, her hand will probually not be large enough to worry about, but it would be good to have it there to let her grow into it as her hands grow. This way she can teach herself the proper place to put her hands.

Good luck.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
speedball

Post by speedball »

thanx bstout&Tom, i like both the ideas and will consider both i'm most certain it will be a 200 exocet to keep within ohio limits i think it will be a wise choice for the both of us lighter for Sara and powerful plenty for my screen name, i like power and speed and that bow will most definatley deliver both, i decided to shoot 2216's out of it with 100 slick tricks, wow what a stopper that should sent shock waves in the deer woods :!: :P