What next for the Pheonix?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Youngegunner

What next for the Pheonix?

Post by Youngegunner »

Hello everyone,
I recently got a Pheonix with a varizone scope and 4 bolts as well as a few other goodies and now Im trying to figure out a good broadhead option. The bolts are Easton XX75 2216's. My grampa has shot an Exomag for about 7-8 years now and he's tried a few broad heads and uses 125 spitfires with about 21" 2219 bolts that he cut from full size arrows. They seem to shot real good and he's taken a few deer with them but is thinking about switching in the new year ( to carbon's and fixed blades) . I was thinking about using spitfires since he has had good luck but they are pretty expensive. I was just wondering what some of your opinions on broadheads are. The wasp's seem like a "too good to be true" type of thing because they are cheap and they are supposed to be the most accurate. Im sure Ill have more questions in the future about other crossbow related things cuzz im BRAND new to this.

Thanx in advance
Cody spam
Stosh

Post by Stosh »

I got a exocet this year, Best for my bow is goldtip carbon bolts and either slicktricks or sonicheads 100 grain, Got a doe with the sonic went about 50 yards, lots of damage, but also had damage to the head. Tried about 6 different kind.

Good Luck, Stosh
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

Thw wasp hammers shoot really good. I have them on GT lasers2. Very accurate and do a lot of damage. I use the 100 grain for deer out of a 175# exocet.
speedball

Post by speedball »

try using 2216's with helical 4" feathers and 100 grain slick tricks, they have worked great for me in the past, dont forget to spin test each bolt with the broadhead on,speed...................
gone huntin never to return................
saxman

Post by saxman »

I bought the G5 Montec's. I like cut on contact and resharpenable broadheads.
I killed a doe in mid October,compleete pass through and no damage to the head. A few strokes on the sharpener and I'm back in business.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ght=saxman

P.S. Welcome to the best forum on the net.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011