Fletching

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stosh

Fletching

Post by Stosh »

I need help about fletching carbon arrows for my exocet 200. Which fletcher do you like? Should I buy one that has adjustable offsets? What vanes to use? Will a 4 inch vane work good? Do I need straight or 1 degree or 4 degree offset? There are so many options it is very confusing to me. I have goldtips form excalibur and goldtip. There are fletched 2 ways, I want to make them the same.

Thanks, Stosh
wabi

Post by wabi »

Arizona E-Z-Fletch 4º offset.
Good all-round performance and easy to use.
wabi
A.W

Post by A.W »

[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Hmmmm that is interesting.... I also wonder about the whys of right vs left offset and also straight vs 2 degree vs 4 degree. I suppose it relates to arrow weight and broadhead weight. Just curious if anyone wants to expound on it - it sure would be an interesting topic. I'm a do-it-yourselfer and have wanted to get into building arrows. I also have a vertical bow and need to refletch some arrows for it. Shoots 32" arrows. Kind of a long story but I have not shot this bow since 22 years ago when I fell out of a treestand and landed on the bow which was on the ground and broke my back. Been paralysed ever since, but it doesn't seem to be much of a biggy. You just keep going and hunting. Have trouble drawing the vertical bow but would like to have some nice arrows if I learn to adapt and once again draw it back. Anyone know of a compound vertical in the 45# range. A guy at bear camp told me they have them with 70% let-off in that weight range, but I haven't found one yet.

Like my Phoenix lots but you know how it is - want to conquer the vertical bow again.

DrDan
Stosh

Post by Stosh »

Cabelas has a Fred Bear on sale for $150 on sale. 28 inch draw. Worth a look. On sale for a couple of days.

Good luck, Stosh
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

A.W. I is gonna make a new vid on using the AZ-Fletcher and would like you to be my promoter on sells :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

DrDan you be left or right handed? Martin makes a 45LB with 80% left off or at lest they did, you would have to check it out. My Martin is 70% left off in 45LB. Best to ya! keep at I have had my back broke went a number of years with out surgery was not paralyzed but could do little.

After it got where I could do nothing I summits to surgery and it helped for a number of years, now it bothers me a lot from the scar tissue so I live on pain pills when I want to do something that I could not do other wise. Still end up paying with leg cramps and a bunch of bad pain for a few days, then it settles back down to bearable. Hang in there and do not let it stop you inless it's just to bad. I am sure you know what I mean. Best to ya!!
Last edited by GaryL on Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Gary L

I'm right handed. Looked at that Bear Sparrow Hawk that's on sale in Cabelas but not sure about that yet. Problem is I am a full 28" draw length. I just don't seem to be able to draw the compound I have right now off rest get up on the cams. It was just a cheap offbrand anyhow. Don't even know who made it. Bought it in a hardware store in Iowa years ago.

Yah I know - I have pain 24 X 7 X 365 and paralysed from nipples down. If I just sat around it would drive me nuts, but if I keep doing things it is all bearable. Since I became paralysed when hunting with vertical bow and never got a deer before I had the accident - it is an issue for me to go back and conquer that hangup with a nice whitetail with the vertical. I've done most everything else I wanted to do so I guess it's just a matter of when and where now. I'll look at the Martin bows...

DrDan
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Yeh take a look at the Martins they be one fine v-bow as digger can tell ya. I am left handed with weapons but right handed with all else as my left eye is my dominate eye. Luck be with ya!
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Stosh

Post by Stosh »

One more time please, Ordered the fletcher and 4 inch duravanes, What is the best glue to use? Thanks, Stosh
Digger

Post by Digger »

Stosh wrote: What is the best glue to use? Thanks, Stosh
I use Fletch-Tite for putting on vanes and I have had success with Loc-Tite Quick setting gel for feathers.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Hey Gary,

Is the Martin Jaguar any good? They make a woman/child bow that will draw to 29" and goes 35 to 50# I got 28 1/2" draw and thought I could start at 35# and maybe work up a little.

DrDan
Digger

Post by Digger »

DrDan wrote:Hey Gary,

Is the Martin Jaguar any good? They make a woman/child bow that will draw to 29" and goes 35 to 50# I got 28 1/2" draw and thought I could start at 35# and maybe work up a little.

DrDan
Here is my Martin Jaguar, ready to hunt. It is a smooth accurate shooter. It is 45 - 60 lbs at 29 ". I take this bow when not xbowing.

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Rich

Post by Rich »

Goat Tuff glue works great for fletching.
A.W

Post by A.W »

GaryL wrote:
A.W. I is gonna make a new vid on using the AZ-Fletcher and would like you to be my promoter on sells :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Done deal.

Between your accent and my accent we should be able to sell about anything. :lol: :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.