Evening
32%
All day
16%

Total votes: 56

Quickshot

When is your favorite time to hunt? POLL

Post by Quickshot »

My favorite time to hunt is in the evening, although I have taken good deer in the morning I prefer the evening. What about you? Just curious.
enjoy the woods
Doug
TYE

Post by TYE »

I like evening hunts. I'm not much of a morning person...

I tend to fall asleep during morning hunts... :oops:
Last edited by TYE on Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grizzly-Papa

Post by Grizzly-Papa »

Although I hunt equally morning and evening I prefer tracking and gutting a deer in the daylight hours. Less chance of getting injured and besides their is something to be said about popping open a cold brewskie at 9:00 am to celebrate EH! :lol:

Grizzly-Papa
Life is too short to spend it indoors!
tracer

Post by tracer »

I just love the evening hunt.
fletch

Post by fletch »

I hunt both but I love to see the bush wake up. I like to hear the first movement in the leaves and then starting to make out the shapes in the dim light. Plus if I shoot one then it makes tracking alot easier.
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

Tend to see a lot more deer in the morning, the afternoon is nice, since you have plenty of light to get to the stand and plenty of time to do it. But the morning i see more deer, and if you have to track it's a lot better than trying to do it in the dark.

If the weather is nice and cool and the deer seem to be moving, i like to sit all day.

I voted Morning
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

My favorite time is when I am supposed to be at work! But most of my best deer have been just before dark.
Why ride when you can walk!
Bruno-TL

What is your favorite time to hunt Poll

Post by Bruno-TL »

Something to be said for both times I guess, but I seem to think that I see bigger deer in the afternoon and evening. A morning shot does give you a lot more time to track if that becomes necessary.

Best day during early Wisc. this year was not typical. Had shot a big buck opening nite so I could only shot does. Morning sit produced two 6 pointers, 2 fawn, 3 mature does . None of the does were close enough. The evening hunt was equally exciting. One 8 pointer 15 yds, two spikes 20 yds, and two fawns and their Mama. :P Quite a day and no shots take.

Thom
Ben S.

Post by Ben S. »

I like them both but I really like being in my tree stand early in the morning before it gets light. I love hearing the leaves crunching as it's just beginning to get light and not knowing if its a deer or not. I've taken my biggest bucks in the morning. My hunting group have definitely taken our biggest bucks in the morning. I wouls say about 70% of my deer have been taken during morning hunts.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I'm not a morning person at all so getting up at 5 a.m. just about kills me. Ugh! Once I get out there I enjoy watching the sunrise and listening to the world come to life! But being a night owl at heart I LOVE the evenings, that's when I'm alive and I always wish for just a few more minutes of daylight because I hate to see a day in the woods come to an end....
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

I love to hunt all day, that way I don't have to do any chores around the house. :lol:
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

I try to get out when ever I can but I think I prefer morning.
I don’t like the “getting up and getting ready” thing but I enjoy a drive in the morning with a coffee in my hand to the spot that I hunt and I just love to see a new day wake up in the woods. :D
Darz Bór!
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I like the morning hunt also, however being disabled, it isn't easy to find someone to get up that early to help get me to my stand. I wonder if Workman's Comp will pay for a 4X4 wheelchair instead of the one I have now. :idea: . Also, I like the fact that if I harvest one in the morning, it gives me the rest of the day to take care of the deer.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

I have got half my deer in morning and half in evening but I love to see feel and hear the bush come to life.
maple

Post by maple »

When I was younger, I used to love to get up at un-Godly early hours in the morning with little or no sleep. Then drive for however-long-it-took to get to a hunting spot and be there way before first light. Hunt all day and evening then drive home in time to play hockey at night.

I don't do those silly things any more, unless it is early in the season and I crave fresh meat.

These days I know the deer are around and I more often hunt only the afternoons and evenings. Especially at this time of year when it's darn cold at sun-up.