update on TenPoint Pro-View scope & problems

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

update on TenPoint Pro-View scope & problems

Post by wabi »

I posted some time ago that I had purchased a TenPoint Pro-View scope and the scope itself was good, but the illuminated dots just lit up all the dirt & dust inside the scope making shooting in low light with them impossible.
With gun season this week in Ohio, I decided to return the scope for an exchange. I called TenPoint last week and got a return authorization. I mailed the old scope last Friday, and got the replacement yesterday (Thursday), so I can say their customer service is good. I took the new one and put it on the Phoenix yesterday evening. As the evening progressed I took it to my indoor target and tried it in low light. With not enough light to see the crosshairs on the target I turned the dots on. Wow! - just as I had first hoped when I purchased the scope! I could easily see the target to shoot, and the dots made it easy to know where to hold. This one works!
Not trying to promote another brand on the Excal forum, but I've never been happy with a Vari-Zone scope's aiming points. The crosshairs work better for ME. The TenPoint is for crossbows with an arrow velocity of 300 fps, so it's use is limited - but with my Phoenix it works fine. I'm sighted with the crosshairs/dots at 15-25-35 yards, and now I feel I have a sight I can accurately shoot with in all legal light conditions!
wabi
Makomachine

Post by Makomachine »

Great to hear wabi! My dad has the pro view and loves it. I wish I had bought it instead of the varizone. Not that the varizone is a bad scope but I like the ability to use the dots - especially when hunting turkey in a dark blind. Thanks for the update!
Excalibur Phoenix
Vari-Zone Scope
Steddy Eddy
Gold Tip LII / Blazer vanes / Tracer Nock / Slick Trick BH