Winter hunting boots??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

questmqn

Winter hunting boots??

Post by questmqn »

I am looking to buy some new winter boots for hunting in a treestand. I have the LaCrosse Iceman now (plder) and my feet are gettting cold. I use an inner polypropelene sock and a wool outer sock. I wanted to get the LaCrosse Ice King, but everyone is out of stock. I am looking at Cabelas Predator Extreme Pac boot rated at -150 degrees and the Cabelas Inferno 200 Pac boot rated at -140 degrees. Have any of you used either of these two boots?
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I too am thinking about winter boots. My Lacrosse Burlys, 800gm thinsulate, are not up to task to keep my feet warm while on stand. I will probably use them to get to stand, but will bring a pair of pacs for sitting on stand. Thant way if I break through the ice my feet will stay dry, and I will minimize scent contamination.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
ramrod

Mickey mouse boots

Post by ramrod »

Get yourself a pair of Mickey Mouse or Bunny boots,Black ones for cold weather and white ones for extreme cold weather.Made by BATA. I have paid from $5.00 to $60.00 for theme on Ebay brand new.They are the best I found.
butch

Post by butch »

I wear real wool socks and insulated rubber boots. I then stick my boots in my quilted soft X-bow case. Its worked for me all the way to the end of the season. Hope this helps.
Exocet w/ FFF string/ Aimpoint
18" Gold Tip Laser II's
and 125 grain Montec G5's
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

i have a pair of irish setters boots and there good for three hours, i am going to add a heater pad to take it from there,