How do you practice?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

Post by TYE »

Matthias72 wrote:Tye, Highlander,
my maximum hunting shooting distance is 77 yards (70 meters), but only in PERFECT atmosferic/hunting conditions.
My training, is normally only at 110 yards distance and my normal group dimensions using special precision arrows, is 5" or less.

My set up is Exomax (the best for very long distance, because arrow has high speed and kinetic energy, so wind, rain or slope afects less the arrow flight. You think: at 110 yards distance these arrows have 68 FTP of kinetic energy!
All the details of my special ultra precise arrows are on my review on our italian crossbow site on the menu: The tests> THE BEST TESTED EQUIPMENTS.

Enjoy your reading!!!
Matthias
Mathias I just did alot of reading at your website, very interesting stuff.

I like the idea of glueing extra shart inside an arrow to increase FOC and more energy.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Matthias, I notice you are from Italy and hunt different game than most of us do. Do you know how these animals compare to whitetail deer for vitality? Great site, by the way.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I like how my crossbow and rack is the picture in the intro page :D :D
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

It is a neat rack isn't it? I think I'll make me one.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Matthias, how long did it take you to work up to those ranges?
TYE

Post by TYE »

Highlander wrote:It is a neat rack isn't it? I think I'll make me one.
Yeah, I like it :)

I got the idea from another member, and built 2 of my own. The Vixen rack is a lighter coloured wood, and the Phoenix rack is the one in the picture on Mathias's website.
Matthias72

Post by Matthias72 »

Mhhh good question. I never gone in Usa or Canada in hunting (SIGH!) but a lot of my friends yes, so on their opinion the whitetail vitality is similar to our Fallow deers; also the string jumping reaction is very similar. Fallow deers are a little smaller than whitetails (normally), 200 pounds max.

For You could be strange hear that, but our preferred prey is not Fallow deers, Elks, Muflons, Bears, but Cinghiali (Muntain wild boars): is the most strong animal. It weigh some time more than 500 pounds, very aggressive, with an armor of callosity of 6" that protect the shoulders.
It has an amazing vitality. Last season, Marco, my friend, tried to hunt a 300 pounds with a Matthews bows , 70#, carbon arrows and NAP Spitfire 100 grs brodheads. Marco is a good bowhunter, but this time he chose a wrong set-up: the arrow bounced back hitting the shoulder!!!! Amazing animal!!!! This is a very funny history but absolutly true!When I think about the Marco's visage expression after the shoot...I go in ground still chuckling like a creazy!!!!

Last edited by Matthias72 on Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hunting&Crossbow- www.cacciaebalestra.altervista.org -The first Italian crossbowyers site

Exomax&Exocet200
Meopta Artemis 2000 3-12x50
Wolfszeit adjustable scope mount
Absorber V-BAR
Ultra-sensitive trigger
2219xx78-620grs-21% FOC
Nap Nitron
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

It sounds like you have good hunting there too...