Terry

Quad 300 x2
wabi

Post by wabi »

Very nice bucks!
wabi
huntman

Post by huntman »

Congrats TigerPaw, when i read your original post you never mentioned the size of the bucks!! Those are 2 beautys congrats!! hardwork paid off!!! Good Hunting Young Canadian Fellow!!
(THE BLUE STAR)

Post by (THE BLUE STAR) »

CONGRAT`S :D Frederick
Frederick.. The Blue Star
DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

If you think I am jealous, think again. You might be under the impression that posting a picture of a couple bucks might make you a big man. Let me break it to ya gently, I have seen much bigger and better bucks swinging in the tree than those 2 guys. Furthermore, if you shot a world record tomorow, I would not be jealous of you.

The point I was trying to make before you went all histerical woman on me, was that you might consider not posting pictures on a public internet forum that incriminate yourself.

Anyone can read this site and there you are flapping your big head about how you refuse to tag a deer because it degrades them for photos. The MNR don't care about your photos ops when you are breaking the law. Oh and by the way, here is the quote from the MNR regs"
If Hunting Deer Alone
When the deer has been killed, the licence holder who shot
the deer must, immediately after the kill and at the kill site,
securely attach the game seal to the animal.
You must notch out the month, date, and time of the kill
on the game seal.
The 1st picture you posted, one would consider it a mistake and that you didn't think about what you had actully done. But the fact that you are now stating that there is no way you will tag a deer before you transport it and get a photo is just stupid. All it would take is for someone from the MNR to read this forum and you could in theory be in a pile of of hot water.

Even if you deleted this post, the fact that you posted that picture and made those posts earlier means there is a permanent record of it in cyberspace and on the server. It would take the MNR about 5 minutes to obtain all the info, the pic and your home address. Nice going!!!

Use your head for more than a hatholder would ya.

Happy hunting!!!
Last edited by DesertRat on Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_17947.gif[/img][/url][url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/725352.gif[/img][/url][url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/01.jpg[/img][/url]
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Tigerpaw,
How far apart were those two deer shot? Horn color seems to indicate they came from different areas as horn color is greatly influenced by soil nutrients and the corresponding food the deer feed on.
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
Ben S.

Post by Ben S. »

I beg to differ Kendo Kid. Only because I have shot many bucks from the same stand. Some had antlers almost white(in fact there was one buck we nicknamed "whitey") while others were quite dark. I think they're difference is more due to genetics. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Great bucks! CONGRATS!

Sure those tags aren't all colour-coordinated with the deer and they look kinda dorky once they're on... but it's each hunter's responsibility to hunt ethically and to abide by the law. It's not a big deal to put them on, but it might be a big deal NOT to put them on. I'd rather not risk it. I have to admit I've found it disturbing to notice other forum members also posting photos with the "I tagged it later" disclaimer. The bottom line is, it's not legal and we all know better. We hunters often get enough undeserved "bad press" without needing to provide any gratuitous opportunities for more. Just my 2 cents worth.
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

Congratulations!! Great Bucks!!
If I would be so lucky to take one of these beauties this year I would have to problem with tagging them before taking pictures (or transporting).
It would only show that I am a hunter that fallows the law. :lol:
Darz Bór!
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

:edited because TPM is right!

"I have no doubt that you tagged the deer after the pictures and I don't think information in this thread poses any threat to you in terms of MNR enforcement but I am concerned when some one on a public forum tries to justify "over riding" the law. I'm certainly not going to shoot you for it but keep in mind that there are most likely kids and young hunters reading this stuff and I think that those of us who have been hunting for a number of years owe it to the hunting community as a whole to set a good example for them. If you've ever personally mentored young hunters then you probably know what an impact simple comments and actions can have on them. "

Kids the law is the law.
Last edited by Tigerpaw on Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

Last edited by Tigerpaw on Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I hunt on private land in Virginia . . .no tag required for the deer within the state's limit if you are the owner, his/her children, grandchildren or the spouses of children/grandchildren. To take the extra deer(more than 5), you would need a special tag.

Buy land or marry someone with a connection to the land . . . :lol:

Anyway, just don't assume that someone is illegal if a tag isn't present. Also, it's perfectly legal in Virginia to continue hunting a wounded animal whether you shot it or not and after the normal quiting time. Therefore, if it's dark and you have a gun and a dead deer with no tag, you could be legal.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

DesertRat wrote:LOL, that is almost as bad as the guy that posted a picture of himself with his buck at night and his crossbow laying next to him. You better hope the MNR doesn't read your post.
Hey - wait-a-minute - I had a picture taken of myself with my deer and my crossbow at night this year. It was long after dark before I finally found him. Better to take the picture late than never, right? I thought about waiting til the next day, but didn't feel like putting my bloody hunting clothes back on and dragging him back out to the woods to recreate the scene.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

So, is there something wrong with taking a picture before removing the deer from the site of the kill before you put on the tag? Or is there a problem with taging the deer , dragging it home, removing the tag, taking pictures and then skinning/processing the deer?

Immediately . . .is that before you field dress and photo? Takes about two minutes to get a proper photo . . .I don't know . . . :lol: This law is in place to nail folks that are in possession of six deer and two tags, claiming that their buddies killed the others and he is waiting on them to get the truck. That type of stuff . . .it's gonna be hard to convict a licensed hunter with two deer, two tags and a camera. I don't think the Game Commission wants to spend a ton of time and money in court harassing hunters that are obviously simply enjoying the sport they love.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
TPM

Post by TPM »

I do not degrade a buck by putting tags on him before their pics, FINAL!
I agree, that's why I find it handy to carry a camera with me in the field. I always photgraph, tag, field dress and transport.
But as for the future keep your holier then thou comments off my threads.
In defense of DesertRat I really don't considor his comments "holier than thou". He's simply stating the law and the responsabilty for hunters to follow it and I really find it hard to fault some one for that.
At times I also know that the law goes to far and in my Opinion tagging before pics is one of thoses times. Every thing else was done by the book so I guess I let my own convictions over ride the law in this case please do not shot me for it .
I have no doubt that you tagged the deer after the pictures and I don't think information in this thread poses any threat to you in terms of MNR enforcement but I am concerned when some one on a public forum tries to justify "over riding" the law. I'm certainly not going to shoot you for it but keep in mind that there are most likely kids and young hunters reading this stuff and I think that those of us who have been hunting for a number of years owe it to the hunting community as a whole to set a good example for them. If you've ever personally mentored young hunters then you probably know what an impact simple comments and actions can have on them. If that makes ME "holier than thou" than so be it.