How high is your treestand?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Highlander

How high is your treestand?

Post by Highlander »

Here's another question for those who climb trees during the hunt. How high is your tree stand?
knobby

Post by knobby »

16 - 20' depending on the tree and which stand I have with me

if the tree has some cover and I am using one of my fixed stands...usually about 15-16' to the platform

if its a limbless tree and I am using my climber....usually about 20' to the platform...maybe sometimes slightly higher
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

it depends on were i am at if i am in a pne thicket i will go about 20-25 feet with my lock ons but if i use my climbers i will go about 30 and use a saftey vest with both . i dont wnat ot be a victim of falling out of a tree.
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

I average around 20 feet. I'd like to be higher, but it cuts down on the area of the deers vitals to much for my taste. Lower than that and I feel exposed. Just my thoughts.
kev

Post by kev »

me and my partner have 2 tree stands. A 15FT. ladder stand and a hang on at about 12ft. All are deer except 1 have been taken from the ground this year.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Mine are generally fifteen feet or better but we've killed deer out of stands that are only twelve feet high. This year though, got busted way too many times out of the low stands. Next season it's 16 feet or better. Probably more like 20.
Big John

how high

Post by Big John »

My stands for Deer or Bear are always around 20 ft. up.
Much higher and I don't like the trajectory angles, much lower and I feel the animals will make me before the shot.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
rutman

Post by rutman »

tkstae wrote:I average around 20 feet. I'd like to be higher, but it cuts down on the area of the deers vitals to much for my taste. Lower than that and I feel exposed. Just my thoughts.
I agree, 20-25 feet gives you the best of both worlds. Great vital view, low exit and out of the
"always busted" view of the deer since my area is hunted huge by treestand hunters, the deer are looking to the sky for their greatest predators.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
speedball

Post by speedball »

20-35 feet i have two stands at 26 feet to the platforms that is optimum height for me i took two real nice bucks at 25 feet or higher last 2 years,speed..... :)
gone huntin never to return................
AirForceVet

Post by AirForceVet »

about 75 feet

just kidding posted somewhere on internet
[img]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m110/wvromania/OCT06.jpg[/img]