Think I may have figured out something.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

Think I may have figured out something.

Post by TYE »

I have Beman Thunderbolts with the half moon nocks. I bought a Beman Thunderbolt the other day with a metal flat nock, cuz I needed a bolt quick.

Well that metal flat nocked Beman won't fly worth a poop. It likes to wander off places.

Those who say the Beman's won't fly too good for them, try the plastic half moon nock ones instead of the ones with the metal flat nock. I just ground the plastic down flat. They fly like darts. I think its because the metal nocks are 35 gr approx, and the plastic ones are only 12gr.

I'm going to buy them from now on with the plastic half moon nocks and keep grinding them flat. Because I find they're better FOC than the metal flat nocks.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

I have the flat, metal-nocked Beman's. They seem to fly well out of my Vixen. Then again, I've not tried any ranges over 30 yards yet.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Highlander wrote:I have the flat, metal-nocked Beman's. They seem to fly well out of my Vixen. Then again, I've not tried any ranges over 30 yards yet.
Yeah it flew fine at 20 and 30, past that, it's a humdinger. Shoots deer center at 20 and 30 then I fired it from 40 and 50 yards like 4 times each distance, and it fly off the mark except once. So I shot my ground down plastic nocks, and they hit the crown 3 times in a row.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

TYE they should have shot the same :? sure ya was butted up against the string proper, and I presume you be using a cocker devise of some time :?:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
TYE

Post by TYE »

GaryL wrote:TYE they should have shot the same :? sure ya was butted up against the string proper, and I presume you be using a cocker devise of some time :?:
I was using the rope cocker, and yes, I always double check to make sure the bolts are against the string proper.