Which should I pick?

Blind
32%
Ladderstand
68%

Total votes: 38

Highlander

Post by Highlander »

I can't decide whether or not I like making up my mind....
TYE

Post by TYE »

Highlander wrote:I can't decide whether or not I like making up my mind....
:lol: What?

I just phoned my dad, told him I want the Foxhound ladderstand with the shooting rail. I found a really great spot up north at my rifle camp, where I want a treestand and I think the ladderstand would work awesome there. Forgot all about it till now.

I will buy a blind myself, and maybe one for my father for an early christmas present next year.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Plus I was also thinking, that in thick brush, the ladderstand would get me up over it so I can get a clear shot, instead of shooting through bushes and twigs from a blind.
(THE BLUE STAR)

Post by (THE BLUE STAR) »

Later stand. :D Frederick
Frederick.. The Blue Star
TYE

Post by TYE »

This is the stand we saw the other day, think he's gettin' me this one.

Big Dog "Foxhound":

BDL-100 Foxhound (Optional Shooting Rail Available)

* 17.25" x 12.25" Platform
* 19.25" x 13.5" Seat
* Seat Height: 21"
* Attaches with (1) Ratchet Strap (2) Ladder Stabilizing Ropes
* Includes Adjustable Ladder Support Bar
* Push Button Strap for Ladder Support Bar/Tree Connection
* Pinned Ladder Sections
* (2) Padded Armrests
* Steel Strap Supported Suspension Platform
* Steel Construction
* Product Weight: 47 lbs.
* Rated Load Capacity: 300 lbs.
* Includes Fall Arrest System
wabi

Post by wabi »

I use both, but the blind is much more portable. I set my ladderstands for the season, but a blind can easily be moved if the game changes patterns/routes.
wabi
TYE

Post by TYE »

Tim who I used to work with at the archery shop, said he put up a ladderstand, dropped a few apples out from it, then hunted it the next day and had a buck come underneath the stand. He couldn't shoot it with is compound because it was right underneath the ladder. So he peeked over the side and the buck was looking right at him! So he hunted the same stand the next day, and the same back came back and he shot it.

So I'm starting to think that deer don't seem to be too bothered by ladderstands.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Ladderstand could also come in handy if I go on the moose trip next year :)
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

What a co-wink-kee-dink Tye, I was just replying to your post and I got your P.M. Check your mailbox, ya got one back.

Anywhooo, getting back to business, I've got both tree stands and ladderstands, they both have their place in the woods. Get high my friend, (and I don't mean with the hoot), deer will and have spotted me in my ladderstand 12 feet up. Can't forget, when a deer is 100 yards out, he or she just has to lift its eyes 4 inches off the horizon and they'll spot you.

Unless you have lots of cover, up and in, close to you, your in trouble.

I'm getting smart and building a tree house on our property, no rain, wind, cold, and movements to give you away.

Grey Owl
TYE

Post by TYE »

GREY OWL wrote:What a co-wink-kee-dink Tye, I was just replying to your post and I got your P.M. Check your mailbox, ya got one back.

Anywhooo, getting back to business, I've got both tree stands and ladderstands, they both have their place in the woods. Get high my friend, (and I don't mean with the hoot), deer will and have spotted me in my ladderstand 12 feet up. Can't forget, when a deer is 100 yards out, he or she just has to lift its eyes 4 inches off the horizon and they'll spot you.

Unless you have lots of cover, up and in, close to you, your in trouble.

I'm getting smart and building a tree house on our property, no rain, wind, cold, and movements to give you away.

Grey Owl
I think the ladderstand is 15 or 20 feet high.

I've sat on the ground in blaze orange and had deer 20 feet from me and not even notice me. Sometimes they're smart, other times they seem retarded.
hawg hunter

your choice

Post by hawg hunter »

Well here is my 2cents. The blind is better in inclimate weather , portable, and will make it much nicer if one of those girls you run with decide to go hunting with you . If they do remember your HUNTING!Oh one more thing I've a blind similar to the one pictured and it is known as the two hour blind. A doe , buck and a 200lb hog within 2hours after it was set up.
navaman

Post by navaman »

tye, out here where i live the problem is we don't have any trees big enough for a stand so i'm partial to a blind. it's funny because when i went to wi. the guide was showing me all the towers he had and i was looking at areas to set up a natural blind for an ambush. :lol: it took a little while for me realize that since i had it ( the tower ) it made better sense to use it.
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
TYE

Re: your choice

Post by TYE »

hawg hunter wrote:Well here is my 2cents. The blind is better in inclimate weather , portable, and will make it much nicer if one of those girls you run with decide to go hunting with you . If they do remember your HUNTING!Oh one more thing I've a blind similar to the one pictured and it is known as the two hour blind. A doe , buck and a 200lb hog within 2hours after it was set up.

Hehe. :lol:

My girlfriend doesn't seem to excited with hunting. She doesn't mind me hunting, but I doubt she'd be interested.
BUCKSHOT

Ha!

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Get your ladderstand, buy a blind, buy a treestand, get yourself some property.
Do as much as possible before your girlfriend nails you down, and you find out how she really feels about hunting! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!
navaman

Re: Ha!

Post by navaman »

BUCKSHOT wrote:Get your ladderstand, buy a blind, buy a treestand, get yourself some property.
Do as much as possible before your girlfriend nails you down, and you find out how she really feels about hunting! :wink:
i think that's good and wise advice. women will definately try to make a nuetered house dog out of you. it doesn't mean they're bad it's just the way most of them are. a lot of them (notice i did not say ALL ) will be jealous and feel threatened by your outdoor activities. maybe you'll find one like my woman who encourages me to become the best hunter i can become. :wink:
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."