bow quiver by groundpounder

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GaryL

Post by GaryL »

groundpounder wrote:I do hate for anyone to have to drill in their xbow. But if you choose to all you would have to do is lay the top plate of the quiver mount on your riser just above the front peep sights mount and transfer your mounting holes(4.1 inches apart). Then drill with a 5/16" drill. No tapping required.
Can't do that with the cast risers groundpounder as there not be enough room. Will post a pic. so you can see what I mean but the cast riser is made different in that area.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Digger

Post by Digger »

I for one won't be drilling any of my cast risers for a quiver mount, Mike. Try bj or another shop for a machined riser if you want one of GP's mounts.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Here be a cast riser, not enough room to drill new mounting holes.

Always learning!!
Home fer now!
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I appreciate the pictures of the cast riser for I have not seen one before. Now if I could have the deminsions from hole to hole to hole and what size tap it is I could possibly make an adaption or new riser bars to accomodate. I would also kind of like to know if there is much of a market (#'s) to fit this style riser. It looks close to what the Parker xbow has on its riser. I'm still not close to breaking even yet on what I've sold so far so hard to justify making another style just yet.
Why ride when you can walk!
Fazan

Post by Fazan »

Mike,

If you decide that you don't want it let me know. I was going to order one as soon I get my Exomax (hopefully next week). I am in Toronto.
Please let me know either way.
Thanks!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

groundpounder wrote:I appreciate the pictures of the cast riser for I have not seen one before. Now if I could have the deminsions from hole to hole to hole and what size tap it is I could possibly make an adaption or new riser bars to accomodate. I would also kind of like to know if there is much of a market (#'s) to fit this style riser. It looks close to what the Parker xbow has on its riser. I'm still not close to breaking even yet on what I've sold so far so hard to justify making another style just yet.
Sure get that groundpounder, however yes their are a lot of cast riser Excaliburs out there. However I sure would wait to see if ya break even on the style you have now fer sure. All the older models have the cast risers 185Exomag, 165LB excocet, to name a couple I would have to check to see when Excalibur changed over to the machined risers. Digger might know .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:lol: :lol: Any idea what a machined riser would cost for my Exocet??? :wink: Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
roots

Post by roots »

I received my mount today. Perfect fit. Thanks GP.
franklinm

Post by franklinm »

I received mine today from groundpounder , it look`s nice on my bow .
Armadias

Post by Armadias »

groundpounder;
Thanks received my mount today.
Will try and install tomorrow

Bob