2219 s for the hell of it !

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

shifty

2219 s for the hell of it !

Post by shifty »

Thinkin of trying 2219s with feathers next year instead of my gold tips just to try something diffrent out of my exomag. Anybody else shootin these? The kenetic energy must be awsome. I already know what shoots good out of my bow, I just like to expieriment.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I have a few 2219's but I don't use them anymore. My dad shoots them out of the Vixen. I shoot Beman's out of my Phoenix. 2219 is a good shaft though. :)
LoneWolf

Re: 2219 s for the hell of it !

Post by LoneWolf »

shifty wrote:Thinkin of trying 2219s with feathers next year instead of my gold tips just to try something diffrent out of my exomag. Anybody else shootin these? The kenetic energy must be awsome. I already know what shoots good out of my bow, I just like to expieriment.
shifty,

By shooting 2219's you will notice your Exomag will be quiter and yes, your K.E will be totally awesome. So awesome in fact, that you wouldn't have a problem getting pass-throughs on moose up to 30 yards when you put that bolt into the pump station. I'm speaking from experience here btw...
Ontario Trophy Bucks
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

i quit using the lazer 2's and went to easton 2219's also. i shot a buck this year at 15 yards (from 20 foot up) and my dad found my arrow 3 weeks later buried six inches deep 50 yards away. this was my first excalibur kill and i was sure glad when he told me he found my arrow. these bows rip even with aluminum. 8)
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

I bought some also, and plan on using them for moose next year.
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
ddwade

Post by ddwade »

I'm currently shooting 2219s out of my Phoenix and am pleased with them. They are not the arrow if you are a speed freak but if you want a quieter bow and a durable arrow they're tops.
DWinVA
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

for 3-d carbons cant be beat,they are either straight or broken,for hunting I use al.at least if they break you dont have to worry about carbon splinters.
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

i use 2219s on my exomag and toped with 125 gr muzzy broadheads. i will use the 2219s for my phoenix and they will have slik trick broadheads at 100gr. i cant keep loosing danr carbons thier to much money.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

This season I bought half a dozen Carbon Express Crossbolts, and I'm quite happy with them.

However, just yesterday I was thinking of trying some 2219s, but since I still have a batch of bolts, besides the Carbon Express, (2213, 2216, and GoldTips), I'll wait until my supply goes down. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
shifty

Post by shifty »

thanks for the input
shifty

Post by shifty »

Lone wolf what broadheads are you using with thous 2219s and are you using feathers?
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

shifty,

I fletch my crossbow bolts with 4" duravanes and tip them with a 125 grain Montec head, and I use 4" feathers on my arrows for my compound and recurve.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Shifty I use 2219`s . 5 in. feathers with 100 grain head . The energy as you said is off the chart with over 100 foot pound energy they don`t slow down much going through a deer . And this shaft is very durable in comparision to the carbons . My lucky arrow has been refletched 3-4 times , the blades changed and I`m off to hunt with it again .
shifty

Post by shifty »

thanks doe master you must be shootin the exomax