Cut my finger

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildwindom

Cut my finger

Post by wildwindom »

On a tabel saw at work today was not fun at all im ok its on my left hand and most of my finger is still there. But i can still hunt!!!!!Took a healthy chunk of skin though.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
huntman

Post by huntman »

Sorry to hear that WW!!! But look at the bright side you still have a finger and you can STILL hunt!! :D
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Ouch.
Grizz
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Sorry to hear that ww. Ya got to be careful! I too am in the Carpentry Trade and we have 2 guys in the shop with short fingers. One from a saw and one from a dirtbike chain. Hope ya heal quick.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I can empathize, I did that a few years ago, and it was my trigger finger. Fortunately, the blade just nicked it, and I only needed 2 or 3 stitches, and I have a teeny scar that's barely noticeable.

Thinking that I could of lost part of it, :shock: I've been awfully careful ever since.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

It happened so quick i didnt even know what happened till my hand and the tabel was full of blood been working around saws and routers for over 12 years and this is the first time i have ever cut myself knock on wood.
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
wabi

Post by wabi »

My wife forbids me to use the woodworking tools during December. Seems like every year I manage to make a trip to the ER during December. Shortened a finger on the table saw a couple years ago.
Had a chisel break at the lathe last month and speared my thumb with it. Not too bad, but it sure did bleed. Hope that was it for this year. :roll: One thing I have learned is how to care for wounds like you got.
Best take care to avoid any problems or infection! Nothing like being outdoors in the fresh air to promote healing!
BTW - You might as well take the crossbow along since you're going to be out there for your health anyway. :wink: :lol: :lol:
wabi
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

:shock: 2 of my friends had accidents with saws :!: :!: One has one butt ugly looking thumb; the other now has a toe for a finger :shock: :shock: :!:
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Heard that wabi.
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

I picked up 50lbs. of ground deer meat today. While paying the young butcher I noticed he had lost his right index finger. That's a tough way to make a living.
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

yeah i was in wood shop at high school couple years ago and a guy took his fingers off at the knuckles while putting a piece of wood through the joiner. it was nasty, the paramedics came back in the class looking for what was left of his fingers but had no such luck. sorry to hear that.
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

tkstae wrote:I picked up 50lbs. of ground deer meat today. While paying the young butcher I noticed he had lost his right index finger. That's a tough way to make a living.
Enjoy that ground meat :shock: :shock: :lol:
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Go easy there Wildmanwindom Ü glad your ok and still have all your digits...Merry Christmas to all your family........
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Glad you still have your finger. My pheasant hunting buddy just took a bad nick out of "Yes His Trigger Finger". It's healed up now and he is building guards for his antique bandsaw. Four years ago I was crosscutting 12" wide oak boards on my cabinet saw and was using the rip fence to make sure each piece was the same length. Yah right! First one pinched and tossed it back in my face. Next thing I knew blood was pouring outa my mouth and I was spitting out teeth. Off to the emergency room! Lost 4 teeth which took over a year to replace. Actually all the oral surgery was more painful than the accident. So I put all my guards back on everything. I know lots of times it is easier to saw precision cuts without guards, but I learned my lesson. NEVER AGAIN!

DrDan
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

A Yep the saw can get ya quick, either a finger, hand, or any other part of your body with a nasty kick back if you not be careful. Lost a knuckle on left hand small finger from a dumb kick-back :oops: , 6 stitches between two fingers on right hand from a dumb move as the saw was turning so quite I did not think and reached down to remove a small piece of wood and yep zip two fingers :oops: . Them saw blades do not cut they tear!!!! OUCH fer sure :!: :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!